Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
I harvested this RAM from an iMac G3. I googled the numbers on it, but I can't seem to find the value of this ram. I'm trying to figure out how much ram is it and if possible how much it could go for on ebay and if it can be used for more than an iMac G3

imacram0kl.jpg

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
Is a SODIMM, made by Micron

If it is out of an iMac G3 then it has to be from a Bondi blue tray-load CD model.
That would make it a PC66 or PC100 SODIMM

Then if it is a genuine Apple part - as it appears- it would likely be a 64 Mb PC66 SODIMM that was shipped stock with the machine.

Which means it has a market value of approximately nil because there is no machine it would fit that doesn't already have something larger, probably.

In general, this should fit non-Firewire Powerbook G3's except the first 250 MHa "Kanga" model. But like I said, probably too small to be of value.

Wait: There's one other possibility, that it is a VRAM SODIMM. I'm going to try to count the pins and tell that way - 1 moment please

OK, it's 144 pins but both the VGRAM and the SDRAM use 144 pins. Frack - I forgot that.

What are the exact dimensions of this module, H and W?

OK, got it

Your module has 25 pins to the left of the slot, a PC66 SODIMM has 30. Therefore you are the proud owner of a 2 Mb or 4 Mb VRAM SGRAM SODIMM which is worth --- practically nothing.

The 2 Mb is useless, the 4 Mb will fit iMac (Tray loading), G3 all-in-one, G3 Beige, and ATI XCLAIM VR.
Market value maybe $4.00

Hummer

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Feb 3, 2006
Queens, New York NY-5
CanadaRAM said:
Is a SODIMM, made by Micron

If it is out of an iMac G3 then it has to be from a Bondi blue tray-load CD model.
That would make it a PC66 or PC100 SODIMM

Then if it is a genuine Apple part - as it appears- it would likely be a 64 Mb PC66 SODIMM that was shipped stock with the machine.

Which means it has a market value of approximately nil because there is no machine it would fit that doesn't already have something larger, probably.

In general, this should fit non-Firewire Powerbook G3's except the first 250 MHa "Kanga" model. But like I said, probably too small to be of value.

Thanks. It is out of a Bondi blue tray-loader.

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
in general, you can google these obscure numbers and you will get the info you want/need.

just fyi

Peyton

macrumors 68000
Feb 2, 2006
CanadaRAM said:
Nope. Did that. The majority of the info you get is from electronic components portals and affiliate type sites and does not provide usable info.

you're right. but I did say something to the effect of 'in general' I think...:p :confused:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.