Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
http://store.apple.com/Apple/WebObj...StQ1GP3Az9uA4/1.PSLID?mco=16A90F83&nplm=TG018
"Give your iPod hard-shell protection with the Agent 18 Shield.
Practically invisible, the Shield protects without sacrificing your iPod style and without the bulkiness of other covers. This simple snap on/off design delivers a force field of protection for your iPod. Its unique features allow easy access to all of the iPod connectors and hold switch; even dock without taking your iPod out of the case."

Hell of a sales pitch :rolleyes:

Any owners out there might be able to answer a couple of questions.
:confused: Do they scratch easily?
:confused: Do they fit snugly on to the iPod?
:confused: Is the screen covered too? Hard to see on the picture.

boxmetogo

macrumors newbie
Aug 2, 2004
im using that same hardcase- I have no problem with it very protective fits snugly tight. dropped my ipod in it and the ipod is dent free, but if im understanding you correctly you're asking if the case scratches the ipod? like the silicone ones? maybe? mine doesn't cause i bought the the screen protector with it

Temujin

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Oct 1, 2005
Copenhagen
I just don't want the thing to rattle around. If it fits snugly then it's all good.

As to scratches I was talking about the Agent 18 Shield. Does it get scratched easily?

oh, and does the cover shield the screen too?

Thanks

decksnap

macrumors 68040
Apr 11, 2003
Yes- it shields the screen. Yes, it is as snug as it gets. Mine isn't scratched at all, but I take care of it.

DevilDog

macrumors regular
Dec 12, 2005
Ohio
Eh, I'd have to disagree with them. It fits snug, you don't have to worry about the case getting scratched, but at the top of the iPod, grit and dust get inbetween the case and the iPod, and there is just enough movement inside of the case that those will make essentially micro-scratches and tiny gouges. These won't be REAL obvious, but after awhile they'll annoy you if you're pretty paranoid about it. And I still don't know why they made the front frosty... it just looks bad. Oh, and if you did get one already, you could always put a piece of clear packing tape on the inside of the back piece to make sure the iPod is extra secure.

Bern

macrumors 68000
Nov 10, 2004
Australia
Yes is fits snugly and yes it protects pretty well, but it does get "wet spots" between it and the iPod and when they appear on the screen it's really annoying. I have no idea how to eliminate them. These spots appear where ever the case touches the iPod. It's actually annoying enough that I stopped using mine.

luckylisp

macrumors 6502
Feb 2, 2006
NY state
I Contour iSee case is very similar to the Agent 18 the only difference is the iSee includes a removeable belt clip and the iSee does not get "wet spots", (although it's snug and your iPod can't move in it) so maybe a consideration for you as well. Well, maybe a couple minor wet spots on the back, but none on the front.

svalbard

macrumors newbie
Feb 21, 2006
The contour case has one advantage. If you drop the videoshielded iPod in a certain way, it's possible for the two halves of the case to disassemble because they're snapped together. The showcase is buckled closed. I like the videoshield though. Low-profile and does provide protection against keys, etc.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.