Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

iHateGates

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
I had to upate my iPod software and when I did, it restored it to factory settings. No big deal, because I just uploaded all my music and video again. But now it only appears on my desktop while it is updating the iPod and it disappears. I need to have it there so I can synch with iCal and Address book. Anyone?

sreedy

macrumors 6502a
Feb 24, 2005
Somerset
iHateGates said:
I need to have it there so I can synch with iCal and Address book. Anyone?

I think when it's in iTunes you have to enable disk use (while it's attached) which is in options, that way it will stay until you eject it.

doug.hall

macrumors regular
Jul 28, 2005
London
Syncing with your ipod is now done through iTunes and not iSync. You ned to go to the preference settings in iTunes to enable disc use.

iHateGates

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
Got it

Thanks guys, I got it now. Will that autosynch everytime I plug my iPod in or does it have to be done manually?

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
iHateGates said:
Thanks guys, I got it now. Will that autosynch everytime I plug my iPod in or does it have to be done manually?

in the iPod preferences, there is a panel for syncing calendar and contacts info

iHateGates

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 2, 2006
OK, got it, but now a new problem....

I fixed all of that, but now my videos won't play because it says this computer isn't authorized to play them. Someone at the Apple store told me to deauthorize and then play one of them which would authorize it. I did and it said that I now hav 3 computers authorized to play the files. I only did one before, my old PC laptop. None of my videos purchased through iTunes will play. Is there a dummies book for iTunes that I need because none of this is coming as easy as I'd like.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.