Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

lorkp

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 27, 2005
I noticed that my friend's iTunes would change the album art as she highlighted different songs even while playing a different song. My iTunes doesn't do this and can't find the setting that will enable this. We're both using the most up to date version, 6.0.4.

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
Click the little bar above the album art window... :)

Attachments

• Picture 1.jpg
    Picture 1.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 65

grapes911

Moderator emeritus
Jul 28, 2003
Citizens Bank Park
Are your songs from the iTunes music store? If not, have you added the covers?

iTunes doesn't search the net or anything for the covers, you need the artwork on your machine and associated with the song.

GnrlyMrly

macrumors 6502a
Apr 23, 2006
Atlanta, GA
I think what he means is he has album art already in iTunes, but whilst he's playing a song he can click on another song(but not play it) and the album art will appear for the highlighted song, as opposed to the song that is actually playing. My iTunes soes that on my mac, but not on my pc...:confused:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
Clicking on that title bar for the album art toggles between the currently playing song and the currently selected song. Is that what you guys are trying to get at?

Brize

macrumors 6502a
Jun 13, 2004
Europe
GnarleyMarley87 said:
I think what he means is he has album art already in iTunes, but whilst he's playing a song he can click on another song(but not play it) and the album art will appear for the highlighted song, as opposed to the song that is actually playing. My iTunes soes that on my mac, but not on my pc...:confused:

You can choose to display album art for 'Now Playing' or 'Selected Song' by toggling the bar above the album art pane - see Mitthrawnuruodo's screenshot. Select the latter if you want the album art to change as you browse through albums/tracks.

iMarley

macrumors member
May 5, 2006
Atlanta
Brize said:
You can choose to display album art for 'Now Playing' or 'Selected Song' by toggling the bar above the album art pane - see Mitthrawnuruodo's screenshot. Select the latter if you want the album art to change as you browse through albums/tracks.

Ahhhh I see...

Good info man. Thanks!:)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.