Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old May 4, 2006, 10:11 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

Apple's cheeky TV ads exploit Vista delay

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Apple's cheeky TV ads exploit Vista delay
Description:: Windows is cast as a stuffy businessman and a sneezing, virus-riddled PC as the Macintosh maker launches a campaign to get buyers 'thinking different' once again

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old May 4, 2006, 11:58 PM   #2
DMann
Banned

Ads

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacBytes

Category: Opinion/Interviews
Link: Apple's cheeky TV ads exploit Vista delay
Description:: Windows is cast as a stuffy businessman and a sneezing, virus-riddled PC as the Macintosh maker launches a campaign to get buyers 'thinking different' once again

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
Cheeky, yet effective.....
DMann is offline   0
Old May 5, 2006, 02:53 AM   #3
winmacguy
macrumors 68020

I am looking forward to seeing the Apple ads apearing on New Zealand television in the coming weeks.
Old May 5, 2006, 03:05 AM   #4
Glenn Wolsey
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to Glenn Wolsey Send a message via Skype™ to Glenn Wolsey
Quote:
Originally Posted by winmacguy
I am looking forward to seeing the Apple ads apearing on New Zealand television in the coming weeks.
Oh, so were going to get them? If so, then YES!
Weblog.
Glenn Wolsey is offline   0
Old May 5, 2006, 04:37 AM   #5
winmacguy
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by Glenn Wolsey
Oh, so were going to get them? If so, then YES!
Juding by the fact that we had the iTunes ad showing with the 'Not available for download in New Zealand" frame near the end of the ad, and the Intel Mac ad with 24's Jack Bauer voice over showing here about 2-3 weeks after it was first aired in the US I would say that we should get the first of the new Mac ads here in the same time frame. Apple US ships the ads out and Apple NZ books the air time for them. They seem to be showing a lot on TV3 during the various episodes of CSI which is why I spot them
Old May 5, 2006, 10:19 AM   #6
DUCKofD3ATH
macrumors regular

In one spot, a sneezing PC cautions the Mac not to get too close. "Last year there were more than 114,000 known viruses for PCs," he says. The Mac responds: "PCs ... but not Macs."

Apple has also experienced security glitches, though. Two concept worms and a serious vulnerability were discovered in OSX earlier this year.

Somebody should explain to the writers at ZDNet how to think logically. By no stretch of the imagination can the use of also be justified in that context.

There are more than 114,000 known viruses for Windows PCs. Some of those viruses are so vicious they'll wipe your computer's hard drive and steal the beer out of your fridge -- they are not security glitches!

A glitch is an unexploited vulnerability or maybe a worm that works in concept but has never been seen in the wild. Apple's OS X has experienced security glitches, but not a single virus!

If Microsoft's 114,000 viruses were square miles, they'd be the size of Arizona. By comparison, Apple's three glitches could dance on the head of a pin without crowding the angels.
DUCKofD3ATH is offline   0
Old May 5, 2006, 10:24 AM   #7
taytho
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to taytho Send a message via MSN to taytho
i love these ads. I think they are modern and represent apple well. It is so sad that people are so slow to warm to the idea of the mac. People spend so much time on a computer these days...... i spend more on a computer than in a car or anything else.... wouldnt it make sense that i would prioritize me money and quality of product to reflect that? i am preaching to the choir again.
taytho is offline   0
Old May 5, 2006, 10:37 AM   #8
p0intblank
macrumors 68030

I really do love these ads. They already got a few people talking about them at my school.
The #1 source for accessories compatible with Apple's new Mac Pro
Have a suggestion? Contact me here!
p0intblank is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion