Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

12angrymacs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
Singapore
Hi Guys,

Last nite when i was cleaning up my unused fonts, I screwed up with deleting some sort of fonts that belongs to the OSX default. Is there any chance to restore the fonts to the default?

Many Thanks....

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
Three options: if you have a partition/spare drive, install the OS and copy the fonts into your folder on the active drive. Second: If you know the font, ask a friend with a comp to send it to you. Third: try to find the font online.

Or PM me with the name of the font and I can send it to you if I have it.

12angrymacs

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Apr 30, 2006
Singapore
I took the second option, pretty much hassle free than the rest....thanks man, i thought there's a backup system fonts recovery whatever for this, :rolleyes:

disconap

macrumors 68000
Oct 29, 2005
Portland, OR
There might be, I have no idea, but it's just easier to grab them yourself. The ONLY gripe I have about OSX is that it's a pain in the ass to access individual packets (though not impossible, there are shareware apps that will access the packages on the install discs, I can't remember the name of the main one offhand, though I know it is available on sourceforge)...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.