Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

pentree68

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2006
should I leave my i-pod "on" all the time and when not in use plug it in to my usb port and let it automatically go to sleep and re-charge? Or should I turn if manually "off" when I'm done and leave it plugged in to charge?
thank you!
jenny

pentree68

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2006
mad jew said:
I never manually turn mine off. I just pause the song I'm on, lock the click wheel and let it do its own thing. :)

thanks! i just got my nano. i'll follow your suggestions. i looked in my instructions that came with it and i could not find how to "lock the click wheel". would it be too much bother to ask you how to lock it?????
thanks!
jenny

reh

macrumors 6502a
Oct 24, 2003
Arkansas
pentree68 said:
thanks! i just got my nano. i'll follow your suggestions. i looked in my instructions that came with it and i could not find how to "lock the click wheel". would it be too much bother to ask you how to lock it?????
thanks!
jenny

The hold switch on top.
IMG_0885.JPG

pentree68

macrumors newbie
Original poster
May 11, 2006
Counterfit said:
See the little slider on the top? Slide it over until you see red.
thanks again! i clicked the slider to the "hold" position. didn't see red since i'm color blind but i did see a pad lock icon appear on the screen. once i clicked the bar to the "hold" position it locked the wheel. thanks so much for your help
jenny

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.