Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion

Old May 12, 2006, 10:28 PM   #1
MacBytes
macrumors bot

iHomeAudio iH5 Clock Radio for iPod

Category: Reviews
Link: iHomeAudio iH5 Clock Radio for iPod
Description:: The iHomeAudio iH5 is a dockable iPod speaker system, AM/FM radio, and alarm clock...

Posted on MacBytes.com
Approved by Mudbug
MacBytes is offline   0
Old May 12, 2006, 10:30 PM   #2
Mudbug
Administrator emeritus

Send a message via AIM to Mudbug Send a message via Skype™ to Mudbug
Santa was nice enough to bring our house two of these for christmas - one for my wife, and one for me. I like it - so far things are hunky-dory with it. I do like the adjustable clock backlight, because it's pretty bright in a dark room. The orange backlit buttons on the top for ipod and clock controls is nice to have too. Neither of ours came with the remote, but I don't feel like I'm missing anything as the whole thing sits an armreach away on the nightstand.

All in all, I say it's worth the price. We've been happy with them from day one. My only downside is that even after 5 months +, I still haven't quite got used to the location of the snooze bar, which is in the completely wrong location related to where it was on my old clock. But I'll live.
Old May 15, 2006, 01:51 PM   #3
shamino
macrumors 68040

I've been using one of these since November. In my case, I use it as a mini shelf system in my office, so the alarm/snooze feature never gets used. But the remote control is extremely convenient.

I first saw this almost a year ago, in a local Apple Store. At the time, it cost $140 (MSRP). I bought mine using bonus points from my credit card (the equivalent of $160 for a package that includes the remote control.) A month later, the price dropped by $40, but there's no way anyone could've guessed that this would happen.

It replaced a pair of computer speakers that I had been playing my iPod through. This sounds better, and it charges the batteries. You can't want much better than that.

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacBytes.com News Discussion