Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

samb

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jan 20, 2006
i know there are a lot of sites to watch football on but they all seem to only be pc compatible.

does anyone know of any compatible with macs??

embrangled

macrumors newbie
Oct 16, 2008
I got this from another thread:

Well, i've cracked it and found a solution that works perfectly after months of trying various set-ups.

You will need a few things however.

Firstly a mac with an Intel Processor (macbook, macbook pro, mac pro, imac or mac mini) is the only way to do this. PPC mac's are limited to only VPC which is extremely processor hungry and not reliable in the slightest.

You will need to obtain a copy of the Windows emulation software Parallels: http://www.parallels.com/landingpage...FQppQgodplik0w
Buy it or torrent it. ver3.0 is solid and not at all glitchy as with previous versions.

You could use VPC (VERY flakey!) or even Boot Camp but i don't ever want to boot XP on its own, as i like to stay in my OS X environment all the time!

Then grab a copy of the corporate edition of Windows XP Pro, many torrent sites have this floating around so do a search and get downloading. This edition requires NO activation whatsoever. I can't provide links for this as i reckon admin here will be a little pissed off about it!

Run the set-up of Parallels and point to either the XP Pro iso you have downloaded or a CD if you have burned one off. I recommend using an iso and leaving it in your documents folder within your home folder. It will run a lot more smoothly.

Once Windows is up, download TVants/Sopcast etc..run the installers and hey presto, you can now enjoy what all the PC users have been enjoying for years...Live Premiership on a Saturday at 3pm GMT!!! Bliss. Switch to full-screen in Parallels and do the same for whichever P2P streaming app you are using, plug your mac into the TV if you are able to and stick the audio out into a hi-fi amp for maximum viewing pleasure!

I was running at about 40% of my processor with approximately 25 apps open in OS X and Parallels/Windows XP whilst streaming a picture perfect match on Shanghai Sports via Aiport (20mb line)

I hope this helps somewhat, looking forward to the Spurs/Chelsea game at 3pm.

My problem is I downloaded the 64 bit corporate edition of xp, but Parallels tells me that it can't run the 64 bit version and it needs 32 bit. I can't seem to find any good torrents with the 32 bit version. Any ideas?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.