Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Sorry for sort of a double post. After the request of childhood photographs (https://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=2406748&) and what I could offer on short notice - I thought why not have a Prom thread of pics.

This is the text I left in that other thread:

Best I can do at this point is from my Prom in 1976. Since my move last year from my TH to an apartment - so much of my younger days is buried in boxes somewhere here. :eek:

(Just a note that does not come through in the picture. My Tux was a forest green "textured" tux. Think a forest green couch. :eek: Very "in" at that time, and coordinated with my date's dress. We even arrived in my Mom's metallic green '72 Dodge Duster. :eek: :eek: )

Attachments

• prom 1976.jpg
    prom 1976.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 302

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
I hope that I am around 30 years from now to see what you all think of your Prom pictures. As I mentioned, my Prom was in a different time for style. :) :eek:

Make note of the "rose colored" glasses that I wore at the time. :eek: :eek:

Aeolius

macrumors 6502a
Jul 25, 2002
No pictures, here, as I skipped my high school prom (class of 1984). I didn't care for my high school and I cared for dancing even less.

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
adk said:
Oh, it was magical.

napoleondynamitelrg3.jpg

Thanks for sharing. This almost looks like a movie studio "shot". Why do I think of Napoleon Dynamite? Or did I miss the joke since I have not seen the movie?

Aeolius said:
No pictures, here, as I skipped my high school prom (class of 1984). I didn't care for my high school and I cared for dancing even less.

Never cared for most of my HS years. But I went with the person that meant the most at the time (well sort of - that is for a different Prom thread). In my case I look back at this picture with fond memories.

leftbanke7

macrumors 6502a
Feb 4, 2004
West Valley City, Utah
Chip NoVaMac said:
This almost looks like a movie studio "shot". Why do I think of Napoleon Dynamite? Or did I miss the joke since I have not seen the movie?

For not seeing the flick, you are dead on. That is why I commented about the picture the way I did; as "Gosh" was one of his catrch phrases.

Frozone

macrumors 6502
Nov 2, 2002
Atlanta, Georgia
Chip NoVaMac said:
No worse than the pic I posted here and in the "younger" days thread. I could be totally in to that "tard" look of yours. :) Did I just say that? :eek: :eek:

Hahah, yes...yes you did! =P I actually have a photo of me in my tux without my jacket somewhere. I'll crop my head out and post it. Okay, scratch that the photo isn't exactly how I remembered. :D

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
Frozone said:
Hahah, yes...yes you did! =P I actually have a photo of me in my tux without my jacket somewhere. I'll crop my head out and post it. Okay, scratch that the photo isn't exactly how I remembered. :D

I meant it from the point of who we see ourselves as. :) In another thread I was taken by your choice of a name here. But not wanting the law to come sown on me, I decided to be nice. :) I could go further, but I won't publicly. :)

corywoolf

macrumors 65816
Jun 28, 2004
Aeolius said:
Make that two. :p

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
mine was yesterday
I'm still DEAD tired.

Performing arts high school proms are the best thing ever. There was a MAD RUSH to the dance floor when "thriller" by michael jackson came on!! IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Original poster
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
katie ta achoo said:
mine was yesterday
I'm still DEAD tired.

Performing arts high school proms are the best thing ever. There was a MAD RUSH to the dance floor when "thriller" by michael jackson came on!! IT WAS FANTASTIC!!!

You looked great! Can you give my email address to your date? :) :eek:

Just kidding. 20-30 years from now you will look fondly on these pics.

RacerX

macrumors 65832
Aug 2, 2004
Aeolius said:
No pictures here either... I had to skip my prom (class of 1986) because my girlfriend (future ex-wife) was chaperoning at it. :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.