Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacRumors News Discussion (archive)

Old May 15, 2006, 04:03 PM   #1
MacRumors
macrumors bot

iLife 06 Updates Available

http://www.macrumors.com/images/macrumorsthreadlogo.gif

Now available via Software Update for current users of iLife '06:
Quote:
iDVD Update - 6.0.2
This update to iDVD addresses issues with burning some 16:9 projects and improves overall stability.

iWeb Update - 1.1
This update to iWeb adds comment and search support for blogs and podcasts published to .Mac. It also addresses a variety of usability and performance issues for all users, including image management fixes to improve site load performance.

iPhoto Update - 6.0.3
This update to iPhoto addresses issues with Photocasting of Smart Albums, sharing iPhoto libraries, and creating calendars and books. It also addresses a number of other minor issues.

iMovie HD Update - 6.0.2
This update to iMovie HD 6 addresses issues with PAL audio and displaying iLife Sound Effects automatically in its iLife Media Browser. It also improves overall stability and address a number of other minor issues.
MacRumors is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:10 PM   #2
Spanky Deluxe
macrumors 601

I haven't noticed any issues with any of those programs. I'm a bit wary about running software update after the last time though - messed up my whole system.
Old May 15, 2006, 04:13 PM   #3
sunfast
macrumors 68020

The iWeb update is 95.3 MB for me. Isn't that rather a lot?
Old May 15, 2006, 04:13 PM   #4
Over Achiever
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Over Achiever Send a message via Yahoo to Over Achiever Send a message via Skype™ to Over Achiever
Ah good, the improving image optimization in iWeb, hopefully this will decrease file sizes a bit.
Old May 15, 2006, 04:13 PM   #5
MacBoobsPro
macrumors 603

Send a message via AIM to MacBoobsPro
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky Deluxe
I haven't noticed any issues with any of those programs. I'm a bit wary about running software update after the last time though - messed up my whole system.
I always rush in head first when it comes to software update never had a bad experience in 6 years. Apart from the noisy fan debacle from 10.4.3
MacBoobsPro is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:17 PM   #6
appleguy
macrumors 6502

Comments on blogs would be cool
I would like to see the ability for people to have pools on their site with iweb
appleguy is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:18 PM   #7
nagromme
macrumors G5

So did iDVD gain support for new optical drive models not found in any currently shipping Macs?
nagromme is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:20 PM   #8
dr_lha
macrumors 68000

iWeb change

Hey, they added a "don't show this message again" checkbox to the .Mac bug screen at the start of iWeb. That's a 100% improvement in my book.
Old May 15, 2006, 04:20 PM   #9
~Shard~
macrumors P6

Send a message via Skype™ to ~Shard~
Nice one, I'll be d/ling this when I get home from work! I was planning on making up some wedding albums using iPhoto in the next couple of weeks as well, so now I know it will be running in tip-top shape.
Old May 15, 2006, 04:22 PM   #10
MacBoobsPro
macrumors 603

WOOHOO DUPLICATE PAGE IN IWEB!

Oh and new themes!
Old May 15, 2006, 04:23 PM   #11
Doctor Q
Administrator

I hope they've also fixed some bugs-not-worth-mentioning, since iPhoto tends to crash now and then when I'm using it, particularly when I'm adding/renaming albums or moving groups of photos among albums.
Old May 15, 2006, 04:25 PM   #12
aricher
macrumors 68020

Quote:
Originally Posted by stuartluff

Oh and new themes!
Nice. Downloading now. I hope this decreases my load times. Wondering if it will optimize all the old stuff or only new uploads.
aricher is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:29 PM   #13
MattG
macrumors 68040

Wow...I just started using iWeb the other day, and I'm interested to see what sort of updates 93mb brings.
MattG is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:32 PM   #14
Bradley W
macrumors regular

_

Last edited by Bradley W; May 22, 2008 at 01:26 PM.
Bradley W is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:40 PM   #15
LastLine
macrumors 65816

Blog comments, YAY!
LastLine is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:43 PM   #16
MacBoobsPro
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastLine
Blog comments, YAY!
Can someone confirm if the comments only work with a .mac account
Old May 15, 2006, 04:49 PM   #17
LastLine
macrumors 65816

Quote:
That's what it says so I'd assume it's the case - doesn't bother me to be honest as I use .mac anyway.
LastLine is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:51 PM   #18
aricher
macrumors 68020

SWEET - I'm re-uploading my iWeb site and...

- On the first run it asks you if you want to republish ALL to optimize it. Nice.
- It now lets you also publish pages with ONLY changes. This will save quite a bit of publishing time.
- It does an initial upload and then lets you keep working while it finishes the upload in the background. It has an Apple Mail-like countdown indicator next to the site name.
- It now has 18 themed templates
- New blank templates that let you design whatever layout you want while maintaining the original theme.
- You can now enter entire photo albums instantly (from iPhoto/iWeb Media Browser)
- User comments, password protection, user attachments and search function on Blogs now.
aricher is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:52 PM   #19
dr_lha
macrumors 68000

Quote:
I think comments would be very server dependant, so it would be hard to Apple to implement them in a way that is guaranteed to work on all ISPs.
Old May 15, 2006, 04:56 PM   #20
eme jota ce
macrumors regular

Quote:

Oh and new themes!

Really? That's great!
eme jota ce is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 04:58 PM   #21
rog
macrumors 6502

different sites in their own files in iweb?

I am trying to develop a totally different site for my work, but I can't find any way to make it a separate file. Instead it shows up as a different site listed along with my other personal sites & pages. This means that any time I change it, it taked forever to re-publish since it does so with my other pages. Does the new version fix this? How about making text actual text instead of images? My pages look nice, but take forever to load and their content is unsearchable!
rog is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 05:01 PM   #22
eme jota ce
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by rog
I am trying to develop a totally different site for my work, but I can't find any way to make it a separate file. Instead it shows up as a different site listed along with my other personal sites & pages. This means that any time I change it, it taked forever to re-publish since it does so with my other pages. Does the new version fix this? How about making text actual text instead of images? My pages look nice, but take forever to load and their content is unsearchable!

Did you see this program?
http://mistergregg.com/cocoadrilloso...es%20Home.html
eme jota ce is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 05:01 PM   #23
aricher
macrumors 68020

My site is done re-uploading. Load times don't seem all that much faster and the "thumbnail images" on my front pages haven't been reduced in size at all. Hmmm? I'll have to wait and test this at home - leaving work in 2 min. Anybody want to check load times on my site? URL is in my signature.
aricher is offline   0
Old May 15, 2006, 05:12 PM   #24
Luveno
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to Luveno Send a message via Skype™ to Luveno
Quote:
Originally Posted by dr_lha
I think comments would be very server dependant, so it would be hard to Apple to implement them in a way that is guaranteed to work on all ISPs.
Actually, if apple were being generous to users, and they made use of some fancy javascript/ajax nonsense, they could build blog commenting into all sites, but I really don't anticipate them donating storage space or any cpu to hosting free blog comment databases.

However, a man can dream...
Old May 15, 2006, 05:12 PM   #25
AvSRoCkCO1067
macrumors 65816

Send a message via AIM to AvSRoCkCO1067
New iWeb Page

Here is a brief example of a new theme and new Blog features (Click on the 'blog' link for Spotlight and Comment integration)

http://web.mac.com/c.peters06/iWeb/Site/Home.html

Feel free to post comments in the Blog. For those of you who are curious, you can delete the comments over the internet OR within iWeb. Additionally, you can have attachments up to 5 MB within the comments (those can also be deleted within iWeb or on the internet).

Post any questions here or my blog. Check back often, as I'll be updating the website quite frequently over the coming weeks. Thanks!
AvSRoCkCO1067 is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > MacRumors News Discussion (archive)