Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events

Old May 16, 2006, 12:04 AM   #1
Otto Rehhagel
macrumors regular

Snake Bite? Jimmy Kimmel Live

Did anyone else see this? It looked so real! Seeing it live on TV, I was shocked. Great trick. It was a trick right?

All for promoting that Grey's Anatomy? (I don't watch either show, just happened to turn on the TV tonight and the channel was set on on ABC.)
Old May 16, 2006, 01:11 AM   #2
sushi
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otto Rehhagel
Did anyone else see this? It looked so real! Seeing it live on TV, I was shocked. Great trick. It was a trick right?

All for promoting that Grey's Anatomy? (I don't watch either show, just happened to turn on the TV tonight and the channel was set on on ABC.)
Link?
sushi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 01:21 AM   #3
Otto Rehhagel
macrumors regular

I have no link, to a news article that is. I was hoping someone could post a news article, but nothing, except for this blog:

link

I hope YouTube has it soon.

I still have a feeling that the snake bite was real, but am waiting to hear what other people think.
Old May 16, 2006, 09:41 AM   #4
jared_kipe
macrumors 68030

Send a message via AIM to jared_kipe
The incredible ambiguity of your thread is baffling.
jared_kipe is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 16, 2006, 09:46 AM   #5
jsw
Moderator emeritus

The snake bite was a fake. It was a stunt to get the GA docs to do the interviews "on set". The snake was clearly (from close-up shots) not real, but I don't think the audience was let in on it ahead of time.

And it wasn't live - it was filmed ahead of time (the mention of Oprah's show, which didn't run on the east coast due to W's chat, proves that, and so did the promos mentioning the bite earlier in the evening).
Old May 16, 2006, 11:04 AM   #6
Otto Rehhagel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by jared_kipe
The incredible ambiguity of your thread is baffling.
Sorry to disappoint you...

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsw
The snake bite was a fake. It was a stunt to get the GA docs to do the interviews "on set". The snake was clearly (from close-up shots) not real, but I don't think the audience was let in on it ahead of time.

And it wasn't live - it was filmed ahead of time (the mention of Oprah's show, which didn't run on the east coast due to W's chat, proves that, and so did the promos mentioning the bite earlier in the evening).

Well, that explains everything. I guess I need to watch more TV to get the info on the promos, the mention of Oprah's show, and so on. Like I mentioned before, I don't watch either show, or much television at all.

I will be more prepared next time, so my threads are not so ambiguously baffling.
Old May 16, 2006, 07:22 PM   #7
Gymnut
macrumors 68000

Glad to find a thread on this here as I watched Kimmel's show last night and the snake attack did seem real as I wasn't expecting it and was hoping to see some kind of news article on it today, but being that there doesn't seem to be one, I'm inclined to believe this was staged. I have to agree that the snake didn't seem all too real although that was pretty gnarly how it lunged out of the box and tagged Jimmy on the hand.
Gymnut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 01:10 PM   #8
jared_kipe
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Sorry to disappoint you...

Well, that explains everything. I guess I need to watch more TV to get the info on the promos, the mention of Oprah's show, and so on. Like I mentioned before, I don't watch either show, or much television at all.

I will be more prepared next time, so my threads are not so ambiguously baffling.
So it wasn't ambiguous? Imagine a thread "Man Fell from tree?" With the body, "Did anyone see? oh boy it looked so real, there were paramedics and everything. Did he loose his job?"

No links, or pictures or clips.
Old May 17, 2006, 01:20 PM   #9
balamw

Quote:
Imagine a thread "Man Fell from tree?"
Apparently he's doing fine. http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0%2C...0337%2C00.html

B
Old May 17, 2006, 01:21 PM   #10
yellow

Grey's Anatomy seriously assails my manhood. The (end of season) plots are ridiculous. I told my wife.. no more.
Grey's Anatomy seriously assails my manhood.
yellow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 01:38 PM   #11
jared_kipe
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by balamw
Great to hear.
Old May 17, 2006, 10:27 PM   #12
mrzeve
macrumors 6502a

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Lnouv...20Live%20snake
mrzeve is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 17, 2006, 10:43 PM   #13
Otto Rehhagel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gymnut
Glad to find a thread on this here as I watched Kimmel's show last night and the snake attack did seem real as I wasn't expecting it and was hoping to see some kind of news article on it today, but being that there doesn't seem to be one, I'm inclined to believe this was staged. I have to agree that the snake didn't seem all too real although that was pretty gnarly how it lunged out of the box and tagged Jimmy on the hand.
Not letting the audience in on the trick was definitely a good idea. It added to the impact of the hoax. Everyone who I know that saw it was fooled.

Quote:
So it wasn't ambiguous?
Um, no. Check the link above (it was posted on YouTube 7 hours ago):

Now you can post something relating to this topic.
Old May 17, 2006, 10:46 PM   #14
Otto Rehhagel
macrumors regular

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrzeve
Thanks for finding the link. Eventually everything makes it to YouTube.
Old May 17, 2006, 11:06 PM   #15
Gymnut
macrumors 68000

Yeah thanks for providing the youtube link for this. Upon closer inspection the handler is obviously feigning restraining this reptilian hoax and it's obviously he controlled the strike to Jimmy's hand. I wonder what his girlfriend, comedian Sarah Silverman, had to say.
Gymnut is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 18, 2006, 02:37 PM   #16
jared_kipe
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Um, no. Check the link above (it was posted on YouTube 7 hours ago):

Now you can post something relating to this topic.
Are you kidding, umm the link that got posted AFTER all of my posts? Your first post and thread topic was very ambiguous.
And I'll talk about whatever I please.
Old May 18, 2006, 07:15 PM   #17
hmmfe
macrumors regular

Quote:
Are you kidding, umm the link that got posted AFTER all of my posts? Your first post and thread topic was very ambiguous.
And I'll talk about whatever I please.
This all seems so ambiguous. Do you have a link or pictures? Talk about what, to whom, for what reason? The ambiguity of your post is making my head spin.
hmmfe is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Current Events