Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nylon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
MS released their Vista Upgrade Advisor Software today. Run the program under XP on the MBP and you will be presented with a chart stating compatible/incomaptible hardware and the features that your hardware will/will not support. I ran the software today and was pleased to see that Vista will have built in driver support for all the MBP hardware. The only exceptions currently are the Wireless and Bluetooth chipset. However, these drivers will most likely be included in Vista. Please ignore the other unsupported hardware devices, they are just periphreals.

Please don't turn this into OSX vs. Vista/XP thread. I'm simply presenting the information for those that are interested to know.

Digg This

MBPVista.png

nylon

macrumors 65816
Original poster
Oct 26, 2004
Tastannin said:
What about the built in iSight??

The isight is disabled under my Windows Profile. As such it is not being scanned by the Vista Upgrade advisor.

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
grabberslasher said:
Vista works perfectly on current Intel Macs, drivers and all (of course the iSight doesn't work yet - doesn't for XP either).

Here's proof: My Blog

I have to admit, looking at those pictures of Vista on a Mac does make it look really really good. Makes me wish Windows... a little.

Software is like girlfriends. A little after the last time you used them you start to forget their problems and imperfections no matter how much better your current one is.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.