Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old May 21, 2006, 09:21 PM   #1
briansolomon
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to briansolomon
30 Second MP3 Samples

Does anyone know of a music store site(s) where you can download the previews as MP3s. I've got a new bluetooth phone and a bunch of songs I'd like to use but seeing as they never play the entire song when they ring I'd rather not waste the space on my phone by putting the entire song on it.

Anyone?

-Thanks,Brian
briansolomon is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 12:44 AM   #2
Mammoth
macrumors 6502a

Quote:
Originally Posted by briansolomon
Does anyone know of a music store site(s) where you can download the previews as MP3s. I've got a new bluetooth phone and a bunch of songs I'd like to use but seeing as they never play the entire song when they ring I'd rather not waste the space on my phone by putting the entire song on it.

Anyone?

-Thanks,Brian
Usually if the audio is opened in iTunes or Windows Media Player you can right click and select (On Windows) Save Source As.. and it should save it as an MP3.
Mammoth is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 22, 2006, 02:18 AM   #3
CanadaRAM
macrumors G5

Quote:
Anyone?
-Thanks,Brian
So, you would like some hit ringtones and you don't want to pay the $0.99 to actually buy the song, then?

O'course if it were just a space issue you could use something like Audacity or GarageBand to trim the file on a purchased song to as small as you like.
Old May 22, 2006, 02:22 AM   #4
briansolomon
macrumors 6502

The thing is a lot of the previews are ASF files.

Also, I can't seem to edit MP3s in Garageband. I have Garageband 2. This may be a problem

EDIT: Saw what you said and it's not really hit ringtones that I want. I want to avoid those. I want something that I'm happy to hear when my phone rings. Not something that makes me say "not that song again!".

Brian
Old May 22, 2006, 03:50 AM   #5
CanadaRAM
macrumors G5

Quote:
The thing is a lot of the previews are ASF files.
Yes -- ASF
the Windows streaming media format.

The point I am getting at is that these streaming media files often are intended for live preview only, not for downloading and use anywhere, anytime. (you'll find permitted uses in the terms and conditions of the site(s) you are viewing.)

I am making a rash assumption that you are wanting to acquire portions of copyrighted works that are for sale -- without paying for them. If that is the case, IMO that is wrong.

I have given you two options for cutting a legally purchased song file down to size. Here's a third: EasyWMA 2.5.3
Old May 22, 2006, 02:56 PM   #6
briansolomon
macrumors 6502

Awesome, Thanks guys!
Old May 22, 2006, 04:19 PM   #7
jaxstate
Banned

First go download Audio hijack, which is free if you don't recored over 10 mins. Then pop open iTunes and have at it. All the ring tones you will ever need!!!!!
Quote:

Anyone?

-Thanks,Brian
jaxstate is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod