Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

briansolomon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
Does anyone know of a music store site(s) where you can download the previews as MP3s. I've got a new bluetooth phone and a bunch of songs I'd like to use but seeing as they never play the entire song when they ring I'd rather not waste the space on my phone by putting the entire song on it.

Anyone?

-Thanks,Brian

Mammoth

macrumors 6502a
Nov 29, 2005
Canada
briansolomon said:
Does anyone know of a music store site(s) where you can download the previews as MP3s. I've got a new bluetooth phone and a bunch of songs I'd like to use but seeing as they never play the entire song when they ring I'd rather not waste the space on my phone by putting the entire song on it.

Anyone?

-Thanks,Brian
Usually if the audio is opened in iTunes or Windows Media Player you can right click and select (On Windows) Save Source As.. and it should save it as an MP3.

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
briansolomon said:
Anyone?
-Thanks,Brian
So, you would like some hit ringtones and you don't want to pay the $0.99 to actually buy the song, then?

O'course if it were just a space issue you could use something like Audacity or GarageBand to trim the file on a purchased song to as small as you like.

briansolomon

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 1, 2005
Murfreesboro, TN
The thing is a lot of the previews are ASF files.

Also, I can't seem to edit MP3s in Garageband. I have Garageband 2. This may be a problem

EDIT: Saw what you said and it's not really hit ringtones that I want. I want to avoid those. I want something that I'm happy to hear when my phone rings. Not something that makes me say "not that song again!". :)

Brian

CanadaRAM

macrumors G5
briansolomon said:
The thing is a lot of the previews are ASF files.
Yes -- ASF
the Windows streaming media format.

The point I am getting at is that these streaming media files often are intended for live preview only, not for downloading and use anywhere, anytime. (you'll find permitted uses in the terms and conditions of the site(s) you are viewing.)

I am making a rash assumption that you are wanting to acquire portions of copyrighted works that are for sale -- without paying for them. If that is the case, IMO that is wrong.

I have given you two options for cutting a legally purchased song file down to size. Here's a third: EasyWMA 2.5.3

jaxstate

macrumors 6502a
Apr 13, 2006
First go download Audio hijack, which is free if you don't recored over 10 mins. Then pop open iTunes and have at it. All the ring tones you will ever need!!!!!:)
briansolomon said:

Anyone?

-Thanks,Brian

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.