Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
In the OS 9 menu bar

os9.png

What is the EXACT font used, I need it for a Web Project.

Thanks!

L

Lau

Chicago, I believe. Then again, looking at your screen shot it looks different, but that could be due to size, compression, etc. I'm sure someone will come along and kick my arse if it's wrong...

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Lau said:
Chicago, I believe. Then again, looking at your screen shot it looks differenr, but that could be due to size, compression, etc. I'm sure someone will come along and kick my arse if it's wrong...

Anywhere I can get Chicago for free, is it installed on my Mac?

L

Lau

amacgenius said:

Have a search, but I have a feeling it isn't. Sorry.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
amacgenius said:

No - and I looked, I don't have it either (which is odd, I have like 7,000 fonts - I was hoping to help out).

*cough P2P cough*

L

Lau

I used Chicago to spray paint my house number and street on to our recycling box instead of just freehanding it like everyone else. Does that make me a) an Apple geek, b) a graphics geek or c) both? :D

kretzy

macrumors 604
Sep 11, 2004
Canberra, Australia
Lau said:
I used Chicago to spray paint my house number and street on to our recycling box instead of just freehanding it like everyone else. Does that make me a) an Apple geek, b) a graphics geek or c) both? :D
I think you'll have to lock in c), not that there's anything wrong with that at all! :)

amacgenius

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Aug 3, 2005
Buffalo, NY
Mitthrawnuruodo said:
This site seems to offer Chicago (along with other fonts), but I cannot vouch for it's legality nor authenticity... (but I tries downloading Champagne, and that seemed to work :)).

Well that worked, thank you very much!

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.