Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
I WANT THIS WITH ALL MY HEART!!!

Attachments

• picture 1.jpg
    picture 1.jpg
    75.7 KB · Views: 629

mac15

macrumors 68040
Dec 29, 2001
top notch gear
but I wan't this

[ed note: attachment removed... keep it clean :) ]

BeerDrinker29

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
So get it?

I'm not aware of what you do, but you could be very productive with such a unit. And if you put it to work, that 250$ or so a month is very little.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
oh man

I would die for that thing. I could picture myself playing Quake on one monitor, and streaming video on the other....MAN O MAN!

BeerDrinker29

macrumors regular
Jan 23, 2002
Originally posted by JoeG4
Okay, so how could you put it to work?

The same thing our current duals are doing. My team would get through our assignments faster, and we would have more time for other projects that have been on the To Do list for months now.

At home, well, that's a different story! If you have even a remote bit of skill, than you could easily make up that payment.. DVD burning, Video editing...

irmongoose

macrumors 68030
haha

I guess I had way too much time.. well anyway... this is what I got... check out the picture

I got that price when I chose every top-model of every computer, added all the add-ons that came on the way, and an iPod. Whew! Anyone wanna spend some extra cash???

irmongoose

Attachments

• waytoomuch.jpg
    waytoomuch.jpg
    16.7 KB · Views: 486

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
WHOA!!!

:eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek:

I dont think I want to buy that DP 1GHz with all the stuff I added on. I dont want to be paying apple for 5 years.

If your going to buy a machine, buy it
Dont put Loans on it, because once your done paying them, your computer is WAY out of date.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
my only question...

what could u possibly need 2 22" Cinema Displays for?!

of course, unless u are on Media 100 or something similar...but I'm doubting... :confused:

pc_convert?

macrumors regular
Jan 18, 2002
UK
It obvious why you need 2 22" displays.

There's a second output on the nVidia card and it would be a shame not to use it for the sake of a few thousand dollars....;)

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Originally posted by pc_convert?

There's a second output on the nVidia card and it would be a shame not to use it for the sake of a few thousand dollars....;)

Now that is just silly.

Some people just have more money then brains, and they have to borrow 50 cents to get a soda.

eyelikeart

Moderator emeritus
Jan 2, 2001
Metairie, LA
Originally posted by pc_convert?

of course! (smacks forehead with right hand)....

what else was I thinking?! it's just another $2400!! :eek:

Ensign Paris

macrumors 68000
Nov 4, 2001
Europe
Re: my only question...

Originally posted by eyelikeart
what could u possibly need 2 22" Cinema Displays for?!

of course, unless u are on Media 100 or something similar...but I'm doubting... :confused:

seven london have macs with 3 22" screens on for video editing with a projector above it. it looks really cool.

Will post pictures next time I go down there.

guy

rekras

macrumors regular
Sep 3, 2001
NJ
lol i thought i was the only one who went on the apple store and made my dream machine that i will never have.

AlphaTech

macrumors 601
Oct 4, 2001
Natick, MA
Not many people need that many screens. Also, the 22" cinematic is HUGE!! I worked on a person's home system that had one of those, it took up about half the desk. Granted, it isn't deep, but man is it wide!

If I had an extra $2500 to blow, I would consider it, but I really like my 17.4" ViewSonic lcd.

MacAztec

macrumors 68040
Original poster
Oct 28, 2001
San Luis Obispo, CA
Originally posted by rekras
lol i thought i was the only one who went on the apple store and made my dream machine that i will never have.

Hehe, nope. I do this ATLEAST 4 times a week. I see how great I can get my DESKTOP. Then, I make my ultimate on the go combo! :D :D

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.