Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming

Old May 29, 2006, 05:43 PM   #1
tcmeyers
macrumors newbie

AppleScript & iChat - how to initiate a chat

We use iChat for intraoffice communications. There are a number of situations where triggering an AppleScript to start a chat with a fixed person and a 'canned' starting message would be very convenient.

I've looked at the AppleScript dictionary in iChat but it's beyond me to figure out how to use it to initiate a chat.

Can anyone supply me with sample code, or direct me to a resource that would explain how?

Thanks!

-Troy
tcmeyers is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2006, 07:50 PM   #2
superbovine
macrumors 68030

Quote:
Originally Posted by tcmeyers
We use iChat for intraoffice communications. There are a number of situations where triggering an AppleScript to start a chat with a fixed person and a 'canned' starting message would be very convenient.

I've looked at the AppleScript dictionary in iChat but it's beyond me to figure out how to use it to initiate a chat.

Can anyone supply me with sample code, or direct me to a resource that would explain how?

Thanks!

-Troy
the easiest way so to make a simple html page with this format of link

Code:
<a href="aim:goim?screenname=ichat/aim&amp;message=hi user>username or text goes here</a>
for example if you aim/ichat id was troy

Code:
 <html>
      <head>
         <title>canned message for AIM</title>

</head>

<body>

<a href="aim:goim?screenname=troy&amp;message=hi troy">Contact troy</a>
        <a href="aim:goim?screenname=sexygirl&amp;message=hey sexy">Contact Toy</a>

</body>

</html>
then just save it as an html file using your favorite text editor (not word). all this is considering you did everything under the correct html format.

Last edited by superbovine; May 29, 2006 at 07:55 PM.
superbovine is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Programming > Mac Programming