Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Collin973

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
Greetings!

Lately, I've been looking around for an Imac G4 (the flat screen version) on places like ebay, but I was wondering if any one knew a place to find one for only like $200 or less (since I'm a college student = no money!!). See, I don't own a mac yet and I've been patiently waiting the release of the Macbook Pro rev b's and I want a mac to hold me over till then. I love the G4 form factor. It's amazing. So please let me know if you know of any where I can find one for not so much cash.

Thanks,
CP

tobefirst ⚽️

macrumors 601
Jan 24, 2005
St. Louis, MO
I seriously doubt you'll be able to find them for less than $200, unfortunately. The iMac G4s are holding their value decently because of the unique form factore. People are willing to spend more than the components are worth just to get the 'look.' If you're looking to find a mac for less than $200, I think you'll be relegated to an early eMac at best.

I wish you the best of luck in finding one, though!

Collin973

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Mar 29, 2006
I know hoping for around 200 dollars is a bit of a dream and I understand their going for a lot more than that, but I'd still appreciate it if any one had any info. Thanks alot for the posts. I appreciate it greatly!!

-CP

Eidorian

macrumors Penryn
Mar 23, 2005
Indianapolis
7on said:
G3 iMacs tend to run in the $150 range for a comparison.
The OS X experience isn't as good on them though. The lack of the Velocity Engine and Quartz Extreme are real performance killers.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.