Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
This has probably been posted before but oh well:

There seems to be a lot of videos being posts on MR lately, so I was thinking maybe it was time to open a Video Gallery and take these thread out of the "Community Discussions".

I don't know. Its just an idea.

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
I actually think it will work fine with links to youtube movies. It already takes 5 years to load all the pictures in the picture galley. Consider videos...:(

ipacmm

macrumors 65816
Jun 17, 2003
Cincinnati, OH
I think it is a good idea. The only thing I see as an issue would be bandwidth for the site so that is why I like Josias idea about linking the videos to help on the bandwidth...

w_parietti22

macrumors 68020
Original poster
Apr 16, 2005
Seattle, WA
Josias said:
I actually think it will work fine with links to youtube movies. It already takes 5 years to load all the pictures in the picture galley. Consider videos...:(

Right, we wouldn't have MR host or display the videos. You would have to go to external links to view them.

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
Josias said:
Bandwidth is definitely a consideration.

Youtube might be the best option.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
I always wondered why MR doesn't have a gallery of some sort, like photopost pro or vBgallery.

Such a nice piece of software vBgallery is

Josias

macrumors 68000
Mar 10, 2006
w_parietti22 said:
Right, we wouldn't have MR host or display the videos. You would have to go to external links to view them.

Which is what we do now... if you want a certified thread for videolinks, PM arn or someone, and show them the thread...

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.