Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

idkfa

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 30, 2006
Canada
I wanted to set up my Mail so I could use my email account at school through the program. How can I do this?

I apologize if this is a vague question...

skubish

macrumors 68030
Feb 2, 2005
Ann Arbor, Michigan
idkfa said:
I wanted to set up my Mail so I could use my email account at school through the program. How can I do this?

I apologize if this is a vague question...

you need to know the incoming and outgoing mail server address. Then you just go to Add Account in Mail. The server addresses you will have to get from your school.

Timepass

macrumors 65816
Jan 4, 2005
I also going to say to look at your school tech support. School email address quite offen require a lot of funky settings on them to work correctly. I know here at Texas Tech it requires you VPNing and some other settings none of which are standard.

Mind you the tech suport page is really helpful and very detailed on how to set it up with step by step instration that does include pictures for several diffence programs including OSX.
The guy above posted the basics of it but I would suggest going your school to see exactly what the requirements are.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.