Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community

Old Feb 25, 2003, 03:17 PM   #1
leprechaunG4
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to leprechaunG4
FedEx Stinks!!!

I ordered my 12" PB last Wed. and paid extra for two day shipping. Apple sent me an email saying my power book shipped out Friday. I just called FedEx and it isn't even expected for delivery to my town till tomorrow (Wednesday) So much for 2 day shipping huh. Kind of a waste of money to pay for faster shipping fi FedEx doens't live up to the claims. Mostly I just want my PB though, and I want it NOW!

Sorry guys just had to vent a little.
leprechaunG4 is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 03:20 PM   #2
Backtothemac
macrumors 601

Send a message via AIM to Backtothemac
Here is your sign

Ya should have bought from me my man! Ya should have bought from me.
Backtothemac is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 04:20 PM   #3
Roger1
macrumors 65816

heehee

The last time I bought something and had it shipped fedex, nobody was home when the fedex person stopped by. Naturally, I didn't find out until I got home from work. Then I had to drive to their distribution point to get my package (about 35 miles from my house). Oh, and I had to be there by 6:00, because that's what time the shipping point closed

More power to ya, if your home to get your package.
Roger1 is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:08 PM   #4
Macpoops
macrumors 6502

Send a message via AIM to Macpoops
Alot of times the 2 day shipping policy is meant as 2 business days. specifically with fedex. If the packaged shipped on friday then i could have been late friday at which point it would just sit in the warehouse til monday. yeah it sucks but it does say it in the fine print.
Macpoops is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:08 PM   #5
eyelikeart
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally posted by Backtothemac
Here is your sign

ha ha ha!!!! I haven't heard "here's your sign" in a while...

as for buying from B2TM...I'm a believer...

I ordered my Wacom tablet from him on a Friday...was told 3 working days...it came in on Monday...heh
eyelikeart is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:24 PM   #6
iJon
macrumors 604

fedex and ups travel on the weekends, they just dont deliever on weekends. it will travel across the country over the weekend, just not delieverd till the next business week.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:31 PM   #7
leprechaunG4
macrumors member

Quote:
Here is your sign

I'll go to you for accessories if you sell those. I'm gonna need to pick up a case, and some othe stuff for my new baby.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:34 PM   #8
Kid Red
macrumors 65816

Re: FedEx Stinks!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by leprechaunG4
I ordered my 12" PB last Wed. and paid extra for two day shipping. Apple sent me an email saying my power book shipped out Friday. I just called FedEx and it isn't even expected for delivery to my town till tomorrow (Wednesday) So much for 2 day shipping huh. Kind of a waste of money to pay for faster shipping fi FedEx doens't live up to the claims. Mostly I just want my PB though, and I want it NOW!

Anylize your situation for a minute.

Apple shipped it out on Friday not Fed Ex.
Saturdays nothing happnes unless you pay for it.
Monday begins the 2 day process.
It should be delivered Wednesday.

Wow, sounds like Fed Ex did exactly what you paid for. Why the bashing then? Oh? You didn't really think about the way things work.
Kid Red is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:37 PM   #9
leprechaunG4
macrumors member

Re: Re: FedEx Stinks!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Kid Red
Anylize your situation for a minute.

Apple shipped it out on Friday not Fed Ex.
Saturdays nothing happnes unless you pay for it.
Monday begins the 2 day process.
It should be delivered Wednesday.

Wow, sounds like Fed Ex did exactly what you paid for. Why the bashing then? Oh? You didn't really think about the way things work.
I was making a silly post about how anxious I am to get my PB. What's your problem? Oh? You're just a dick.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:41 PM   #10
iJon
macrumors 604

Re: Re: Re: FedEx Stinks!!!

Quote:
I was making a silly post about how anxious I am to get my PB. What's your problem? Oh? You're just a dick.
he is not beng a dick. he is just correcting what you said. and what you said was wrong. you said fedex doesnt live up to his claims, he is saying you are wrong, which you are.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 05:46 PM   #11
Dont Hurt Me
macrumors 603

Re: Re: Re: Re: FedEx Stinks!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by iJon
he is not beng a dick. he is just correcting what you said. and what you said was wrong. you said fedex doesnt live up to his claims, he is saying you are wrong, which you are.

iJon
Thanks ijon for correcting this guy. Fedx is usually terrific. just this past week i placed a order, was able to follow my order the whole way and it arrived on the day it was supposed to 2nd day fedx. I noticed not one word from this kid about his location nor where it was shipped, any snow storms? etc. I think the kid has shown himself to be a _ _ _ _!
Old Feb 25, 2003, 06:09 PM   #12
iJon
macrumors 604

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: FedEx Stinks!!!

Quote:
Originally posted by Dont Hurt Me
Thanks ijon for correcting this guy. Fedx is usually terrific. just this past week i placed a order, was able to follow my order the whole way and it arrived on the day it was supposed to 2nd day fedx. I noticed not one word from this kid about his location nor where it was shipped, any snow storms? etc. I think the kid has shown himself to be a _ _ _ _!
yep i agree. if conditions are right i have followed many orders online and they have always been here when they said they would. on another topic, you are one of few who actually quote me and actually spell my name "ijon". most do it "ijohn" and it drives me crazy.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 08:29 PM   #13
leprechaunG4
macrumors member

Do you guys have any common sense, or a sense of humor. You are dicks because you are dicks. Hmmm... ok I'm an ******* because I want my powerbook, right... yeah, how about you go jump off a cliff. Did I track my shipment online? Yep I did. Did it ship friday? Yep it did. I can tell you it shipped from Taiwan on friday. Worked it's way around through Alaska. Sat in indiana today, all day. Was there a snow storm there? Maybe, I'm not really sure. Did I harshly trahs on FedEx increadibly? No, not really. Just made a little post in the not really related to anything area just so I could share my eagerness to get my PB. How about you guys stop taking things too damn serious.

You want "this kid's" information, shipped from Apple to Vermont, it's still two day shipping you pretentious prick.
Old Feb 25, 2003, 08:37 PM   #14
vniow
macrumors 603

You're acting like an immatire little prick yourself, no one here insulted you or anything like that, the closest thing was:

Quote:
And you responded with:

Quote:
What's your problem? Oh? You're just a dick.

Hmmmm........
vniow is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 08:42 PM   #15
King Cobra

Send a message via AIM to King Cobra
The small print can get you a lot of the time. Basically, if you asked for the Powerbook on Tuesday, you would receive it two days later.

Right now, I have this to say:

"Please insert thread here:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homep...ersr/TRASH.JPG

Thank you, ma'am. Have a nice day."
King Cobra is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 08:53 PM   #16
eyelikeart
Moderator emeritus

Arrow kids...

can we play nice...or am I gonna have to bitch slap u?
Old Feb 25, 2003, 09:03 PM   #17
iJon
macrumors 604

Quote:
Do you guys have any common sense, or a sense of humor. You are dicks because you are dicks. Hmmm... ok I'm an ******* because I want my powerbook, right... yeah, how about you go jump off a cliff. Did I track my shipment online? Yep I did. Did it ship friday? Yep it did. I can tell you it shipped from Taiwan on friday. Worked it's way around through Alaska. Sat in indiana today, all day. Was there a snow storm there? Maybe, I'm not really sure. Did I harshly trahs on FedEx increadibly? No, not really. Just made a little post in the not really related to anything area just so I could share my eagerness to get my PB. How about you guys stop taking things too damn serious.

You want "this kid's" information, shipped from Apple to Vermont, it's still two day shipping you pretentious prick.
its not the fact that you are anxious. we all know you are anxious. its that you said fed ex didnt live up their claims and you spend extra money. then this other guy turner around and simply said you were wrong. then you started calling people dicks. i thought most people know that shipping companies work during the business week, not the weekend. but if you didnt know now you do. dont burst up in peoples face. you were wrong and he was right. end of story. enjoy your powerbook. i know i have.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 09:36 PM   #18
Backtothemac
macrumors 601

Yea, we sell accessories. Just let me know what you need, and I will get you a price.

Damn, eye comes from the shaddows with a strong right hook
Old Feb 25, 2003, 09:37 PM   #19
bousozoku
Moderator emeritus

Re: FedEx Stinks!!!

Quote:

If you really feel that you paid for something you didn't receive, as far as the shipping goes, call Apple. At least, you'll get an explanation of how FedEx's shipping works from Taiwan. Maybe they'll be willing to listen to you and do something about it.

It's unforunate that you've shown your backside to us from the start. Don't expect too many people to be responsive to you in the future. They'll be afraid of the backlash if they answer in a way you don't like, or perhaps, just sick of the temper tantrums.
bousozoku is offline   0
Old Feb 25, 2003, 11:32 PM   #20
eyelikeart
Moderator emeritus

Quote:

Damn, eye comes from the shaddows with a strong right hook
he he...yeah...

it's easy when u are little like I am...
Old Feb 26, 2003, 12:53 AM   #21
Rajj
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Rajj
Quote:
Originally posted by iJon
fedex and ups travel on the weekends, they just dont deliever on weekends. it will travel across the country over the weekend, just not delieverd till the next business week.

iJon
Actually, FedEx does deliver on Sat without paying extra for it; trust me, because I have received a lot of things on Sat from FedEx!!!

But I do concur with leprechaunG4, about FedEx sucx, because they have screwed up a lot of my orders, i.e.: I ordered a semiconductor on Monday from Southern California, to be shipped to Las Vegas, it took 10 days to travel 248 miles!!! This happened three times!!
So needless to say that I try to stay away from FedEx when buy CPU?s!!!!

Annihilation is the only key!
Rajj is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2003, 12:56 AM   #22
iJon
macrumors 604

Quote:
Originally posted by xrhajj
Actually, FedEx does deliver on Sat without paying extra for it; trust me, because I have received a lot of things on Sat from FedEx!!!

But I do concur with leprechaunG4, about FedEx sucx, because they have screwed up a lot of my orders, i.e.: I ordered a semiconductor on Monday from Southern California, to be shipped to Las Vegas, it took 10 days to travel 248 miles!!! This happened three times!!
thanks for correcting me. damn that sucks, ive only had the best of luck from them. i guess they didnt have any distribution centers between there and las vegas.

iJon
iJon is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2003, 12:59 AM   #23
MacBandit
macrumors 604

Send a message via AIM to MacBandit
Quote:
Originally posted by xrhajj

The thing that hasn't been said here and I know for a fact from talking to Apple when I was waiting for my computer is that when Apple says it ships doesn't mean it has actually been picked up.

It just means that the pickup request has been made. This request could happen at 9pm on a friday well afte any actuall pickup time but the order status will still say shipped because it's all done electronically.

This is actually how a number of mail order companies work.
MacBandit is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2003, 01:21 AM   #24
cr2sh
macrumors 68030

I've never been inside a FedEx warehouse, but for a few months one summer I worked for UPS... let me just say, I will NEVER ship via UPS again. It was a time when the Graphites were still the top of the line.. and I'd handle them on occassion. I was always so envious that I handled them well, and took care.. but I saw a lot of stuff getting thrown around and dropped and kicked. My FedEx stuff usually comes out in better shape, so I have no complaints.

You say FedEx sucks, but they're always done the job for me.. they are a little more expensive though.
I've never ordered anything from Apple, is FedEx the only option or USPS available also?

By the way.. if it shipped on Friday.. did you really expect to have it on Monday? I mean come on... If it shipped on Thursdasy, would you have complained that people were observing the Sabbath?

MBP (early' 11/2.2/16GB/500GB/hi-res-ag)
cr2sh is offline   0
Old Feb 26, 2003, 08:25 AM   #25
Backtothemac
macrumors 601

Yea, ask Duke about his FedEX experience. I know so many people who have had problems with them, but only when they ship Apple Computers. Man, I wonder if it is a conspiracy?

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Community