Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jun 23, 2006, 09:00 AM   #1
Spanky Deluxe
macrumors Demi-God

Adding Airport to G3 iBook on the cheap

I've finally managed to reassemble and fix my old G3 iBook to give to my girlfriend. I've upgraded the memory to 640MB (got 512MB cheap) but now to make it useful I really need to give it airport. The old internal airport cards cost an arm and a leg on ebay and I was wondering if there's any cheaper option.

I'm sure I remember someone saying on here that they'd purchased a generic PC Card and it worked in the slot and was detected as a genuine airport card but I can't find the link anymore.

I could put an external thing in but I'd rather not because... well, my girlfriend can be rather clumsy!!

I need to keep the price down because I'm stupendously low on cash right now!!
Old Jun 23, 2006, 09:33 AM   #2
California
macrumors 68040

While I'm using an external card in my Tibook right now, I don't think there is a pc slot in the g3 ibooks. Could be wrong. Try craigslist for cheaper airport cards.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs