Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice

Old Jun 23, 2006, 11:47 PM   #1
ReanimationLP
macrumors 68030

Anyone ever buy from Sonnet and dealt with their support?

So yeah, I got a 1 GHz Sonnet chip. Which I installed according exactly to their instructions. I turned the Mac on. And boom.

Fire. -.-

Now I have one dead G4 chip, I'm out of the money (I wouldnt do that to the poor man and take it back on him), and I have one dead Gigabit Ethernet G4 logic board.

I've been sending emails to Support, where I get replys from a guy named Neal. He asked for pictures, I sent them out, now according to him, the managers and engineers havent said anything. This was on Monday. This is really getting ridiculious.

I bought it on Craiglist from a nice gentleman who used it a few times and it worked fine. It is still covered under their 3 year warranty because of the datecode on the board is Year 04 Week 26, and this warranty was confirmed by Neal.

Anyone else ever deal with this company and hit a dead end? I love their products, I had one of their NuBus G3 chips until I traded it to a MR member.

And just so no one says I'm lying, I have pictures. It shows the resistor that was there, until it caught on fire, melted off, and disintegrated on top of the logic board.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	sonnet01.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	212.1 KB
ID:	51101  

Stuff for Sale :3
ReanimationLP is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Buying Tips and Advice