Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:28 PM   #1
pammyspyce
macrumors regular

Transferring iBook Ownership

Last month I sold my 1.2 iBook to fund a MacBook. Sadly I couldn't get a decent MacBook (exchanged it 3 times). I've been using my old G3 iBook while looking for another good deal on a G4 (the 1.2 was bought from iGary). And finally the deal appeared... my husband scored a 4 month old 1.33 iBook for $500 on Craigslist. It's in perfect condition... box, discs, everything. I'm so stoked!

Here the real question. I want to buy AppleCare for it just in case. Do I need to fill out some sort of form to transfer the remaining warranty over to me before I buy the AppleCare? I tried to find the answer on Apple's support page but coudln't find it. I know there's a form for transferring AppleCare, but like I said this iBook doesn't have it yet, just the original warranty. Sadly the woman couldn't find the receipt but when I type the serial number into the support page it bring up a February purchase date so I assume that it won't be an issue. Has anyone bought AppleCare for a computer they bought from a second-hand party without a receipt and/or form?

Thanks!
Old Jun 25, 2006, 11:32 PM   #2
NYmacAttack
macrumors 6502

You can call apple and the will transfer ownership over to you. Ive done this and never had a problem. Then you can buy apple care for the machine.
Old Jun 26, 2006, 04:51 PM   #3
Aperture
macrumors 68000

Send a message via AIM to Aperture

You should be able to just call and have it transferred. However, I have had further problems. When I bought an emac on ebay a while ago, Apple made me get a letter from the original owner that explained the ownership transferred to my name. Not sure if it would be the same with you, but thought I should point it out.

Kevin
Aperture is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs