Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jun 27, 2006, 11:46 AM   #1
tara18
macrumors newbie

iPod Mini Suddenly Has Distorted Sound!

When I last used my iPod yesterday it was fine, but this morning I turned it on and the music was all distorted. The vocals sound distant, the volume is lower, and the drums can barely be heard. I plugged the iPod earphones into my iBook and they're working fine. I also reset the iPod, but that didn't fix anything. I have the latest iPod updater. Has anyone else had this problem? Any suggestions?
tara18 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 27, 2006, 07:41 PM   #2
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

On the iPod, are Sound Check and EQ (equaliser) off? If they are but you're still having weird sound issues, then maybe restore the firmware using that latest iPod Software Updater. You'll lose everything on the iPod though, but it should be relatively easily re-synced.
Old Jul 2, 2006, 05:15 AM   #3
Scarlet Fever
macrumors 68040

could it be the earbuds? The same thing happened to me, and it turned out the be stuffed earbuds.
Scarlet Fever is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod