Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jun 27, 2006, 03:56 PM   #1
igmolinav
macrumors 6502a

Reading CDs and DVDs with my ibook ....

Hello,

I wanted to wish you all a very nice summer before going ahead to ask my question : ) !!!

One of the nicest features that my ibook G4 has, is that it can "burn" or transfer the information of a music CD to the hard disc. As the music becomes part of the hard disc, one can access it via i-tunes.

That is really cool, I mean, I dont have to stick a CD in the slot, every time I want to listen to it. The ibook has already copied the information.

However, I have noticed lately that music has taken up quite a bit of space in my hard disc. So, I thought that perhaps I could burn some of the music of the hard disc into a few DVDs.

My intention is to listen to the music from the DVD without having to take up space from the hard disc. I want to stick the DVD into the ibook and have the computer "read and play" the DVD but without having to copy the information of the CD to the hard disc.

Is it really possible to listen to the music from a DVD without having to copy the information to the hard disc ??? I mean, I want to avoid transferring the 4.7 GB from the DVD to the hard disc. Will it be too noisy to do it from the DVD ???

Thank you very much, all the best,

Ignacio.
igmolinav
igmolinav is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs