Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jellybean

macrumors regular
Original poster
Jun 27, 2006
hi all.

all the recent talk about Bill Gates "leaving" microsoft made me wonder... what will the implications be for Apple when Steve Jobs steps down? (Which, hopefully, won't be anytime soon.)

Steve clearly appears to have HUGE input into everything Apple releases and does. Be it their software, hardware, and obviously down to the big decisions and bold moves the company makes. From when Apple began to the present day, Apple does very much feel like The Steve Jobs Show. But when he does one day hand the reigns over to someone else, will that someone have the same vision over the industry to continue to keep Apple innovating and fresh and leave rivals like Microsoft in the dust. Not just to start with, but for the foreseeable future. (Look what happened to Apple between him leaving in the late 80’s to returning in the late 90’s)

first post here so i thought i'd make it a light-hearted one ;) :D

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
*raises hand*

I'll do it!!

My first order of business would be to hire Katie as CFO.

Then I'd throw a tantrum and cancel half the upcoming products.

Then re-instate half of them but in a different shade of white.

I've figured out the secret of the SteveNote, you just have to pause at the big things, and repeat the most important facts.............repeat, the most important facts....whilst pausing in a different spot on the second go.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
Chundles said:
*raises hand*

I'll do it!!

My first order of business would be to hire Katie as CFO.

Then I'd throw a tantrum and cancel half the upcoming products.

Then re-instate half of them but in a different shade of white.

I've figured out the secret of the SteveNote, you just have to pause at the big things, and repeat the most important facts.............repeat, the most important facts....whilst pausing in a different spot on the second go.

Someone give this man some money!

But I think you're taking the wrong approach.. I have two words for you: Subliminal advertising.

Yeaaahhh.:D

Chundles

macrumors G5
Jul 4, 2005
Heh, I can just it now, my first MattNote:

*wobbly screen effect fades image of me thinking out and image of Moscoone Centre in*

I walk on stage amidst clapping and people going "whoop!"

"Good morning you lot, how youse all goin' alright eh?

Geeze we've got some bloody s*it-hot stuff for youse to take a butchers at this mornin' I'm serious, all those other d*ckheads out there makin' computers and that are gonna be s*itting themselves after seein' what I've got ready for youse this mornin'

First off, the iFridge - it's the only fridge in the world that not only tells you when you've run out of beer but in case you can't answer the phone because you've got your last two beers in each hand it will ring a designated next-of-kin to order a new case for you. Comes in white or black, shipping immediately."

Oh what a day it would be....
*stares off into the distance the possibilities shining in his eyes*

EricNau

Moderator emeritus
Apr 27, 2005
San Francisco, CA
Chundles said:
First off, the iFridge - it's the only fridge in the world that not only tells you when you've run out of beer but in case you can't answer the phone because you've got your last two beers in each hand it will ring a designated next-of-kin to order a new case for you. Comes in white or black, shipping immediately."
I'l take 3 in each color. :D

drake

macrumors 6502a
Jul 5, 2005
A Steveless Apple is one of the reasons I'd never invest in Apple. The business is built around his image.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.