Send a message via AIM to 2nyRiggz
^Sorry I had to be me ....can't resist

Bless
Old Jun 28, 2006, 11:55 AM   #27
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by vniow
Hell, I'm getting them done a second time soon if they'll fit.
When people get them pierced twice, do they go with two rings, or a bar and a ring, or what exactly do they put in them? And are they pierced in a cross, or two horizontal piercings? *is curious*
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:02 PM   #28
vniow
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrishnan
When people get them pierced twice, do they go with two rings, or a bar and a ring, or what exactly do they put in them? And are they pierced in a cross, or two horizontal piercings? *is curious*
It varies, check out the link I posted earlier for different ways to do it. You're certainly not limited by two as there's people with far more in there.

Probably the most common is two bars, one vertical and one horizontal. I've currently got horizontal rings and will probably end up getting diagonal bars arranged underneath those like this: \ / when I'm up for it. I like the looks of the bars better personally but the rings are far more useful so I say why not get the best of both worlds. Going to wait a bit before I do these though, next project is my left ear which will bring me to a total of 12 altogether in the next couple weeks.
vniow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:33 PM   #29
Spanky Deluxe
macrumors 601

My nipples are really unsensitive but then I really couldn't care less, girl's nipples are the ones that I've always thought are *supposed* to be sensitive!

I agree with others that piercings don't do it for me. As long as its not too many I don't find it a turn off. Same goes for tatooes. The only thing that some people seem to do to themselves that actually does make me feel ill is that whole ear lobe stretching thing, where they have a ring in the ear. I see that a fair bit down here in Brighton and it still shocks me every time.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:36 PM   #30
vniow
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spanky Deluxe
The only thing that some people seem to do to themselves that actually does make me feel ill is that whole ear lobe stretching thing, where they have a ring in the ear.
Hee...
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:46 PM   #31
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
It varies, check out the link I posted earlier for different ways to do it. You're certainly not limited by two as there's people with far more in there.
Thanks! I have been to bmezine before... I don't think I looked at that though. Or maybe I did and I just don't have a clear picture in my mind of multiple nipple piercings.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:57 PM   #32
Spanky Deluxe
macrumors 601

Quote:
Hee...
Lol, its not that I think its wrong, each to their own and all. It doesn't disgust me but big ones like this or this make me feel quite ill to look at and I always have to avert my gaze. This is obviously my problem though and not the person with the stretched piercing's problem.
Old Jun 28, 2006, 12:59 PM   #33
mkrishnan
Moderator emeritus

Quote:
Lol, its not that I think its wrong, each to their own and all. It doesn't disgust me but big ones like this or this make me feel quite ill to look at and I always have to avert my gaze. This is obviously my problem though and not the person with the stretched piercing's problem.
It's interesting to me how things like that come back -- people have been gauging their ears for centuries, as far as I know, if not millenia... perhaps not Caucasians, but it's hardly a new tradition.... But then I guess it's different when a counter-culture does it?
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:01 PM   #34
Lau

Quote:
I quite like the look of stretched ears on the right person, but I'm not sure about that clear one. His ear looks a bit manky and having that pressed against clear plastic...
  0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 28, 2006, 01:25 PM   #35
vniow
macrumors 603

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkrishnan
But then I guess it's different when a counter-culture does it?
I think its not considered "civilisesd" by the culture at large, hence the term "modern primitive" which was coined by the sort of body-mod counterculture sometime in last century. You're right though, people have been doing piercings, stretching, cuttings, scarification, tattoing, etc for much of recorded history. Its not really something which has recently popped up and become a fad, its a part of being human it seems.

*rubs her stretched 6gs*
Old Jun 28, 2006, 02:00 PM   #36
ravenvii
macrumors 604

Quote:
What... the... ****.

*shudder*
Old May 12, 2011, 10:41 AM   #37
RoscoeDex
macrumors newbie

I got my nipple(left) pierced about 3 weeks ago. Now i know i'm not suppose to let people touch or lick it, but i can't help it. >_<
Okai So in terms of sensitivity. I LOVE IT when a guy(or girl) lick/touch my nipples. After the piercing my boyfriend licked it and Uhmm Well Yea ^_^ I want him to do it again and again and again and again and again. OMG
RoscoeDex is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion