Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Mar 1, 2003, 08:56 PM   #1
jaxle
macrumors newbie

usb wireless adapter work with ibook?

i want to get this linksys usb wireless adapter: http://www.linksys.com/Products/prod...id=22&prid=174

because there is this open box buy on it for 20 bucks, i want to get 2, one for my pc and one for my ibook so i can be where in the house and get online. the problem is is that it doesnt support mac os x so i dont know if it will work or not. i am hoping that mac os x autmatically detects and works with it like other products, does anyone know for sure?
jaxle is offline   0
Old Mar 1, 2003, 10:51 PM   #2
Eckslusive

can you make a refund if it doesn't work. if you can, why not give it a try...its already open..wont hurt if u open it some more..ahah
Eckslusive is offline   0
Old Mar 2, 2003, 11:26 AM   #3
jaxle
macrumors newbie

doubt it, if i could i'd have to mail it back to cos its not at a local store or anything, ill order one for my pc and try it on my mac, hopefully they will still be availible then if it works on my mac too.
jaxle is offline   0
Old Mar 2, 2003, 12:12 PM   #4
rainman::|:|
macrumors 603

Send a message via Yahoo to rainman::|:|
i would just save up and get an Airport card so you don't have to worry about having something plugged in... you install it and never worry about it again...

pnw
rainman::|:| is offline   0

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers