|Jun 29, 2006, 04:48 PM||#1|
Some MacBook Questions...
I have a few MacBook questions. I don't have one. I am not very familiar with it yet, so I have some simple questions all you old-time Applers should be able to answer. I own an eMac running Tiger at the moment. The one I will most likely be getting is the 13' white 512 MB RAM, etc...
1) I work a lot in Photoshop. Should I leave Photoshop off the laptop (Come to think of it, graphics probably wouldn't be great with the trackpad anyway) and just do my Photoshop work on my eMac?
2) About the Photoshop: If I did get it on the laptop, would the 512 RAM/ Graphics card be an issue?
3) The heat? Reaching back at my eMac right now (and having my hand consumed in dust, ahem) it is very hot, but not EXTREMELY hot. Would the MB be hotter than a regular ol' eMac?
4) Would GarageBand work decently with the 512 RAM? I do a lot in it. (MIDI, particularly)
5) All I really do in my computer is IMing (not much), Photoshopping (Which I might or might not do? ), and surfing. I'm assuming all this would be just fine with that amount of RAM. Would you recommend an upgrade? My eMac has... 252, right?
6) What are the advantages of this laptop over, say, a train? (Which I could also afford)?
7) Okay, sorry, I had to steal that Simpsons' quote.
Any help would be greatly appreciated, and no killing me for letting the eMac get dusty :-P
|Thread Tools||Search this Thread|
|thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|HD playback on macbook & some final questions||athenaesword||Buying Tips and Advice||24||Jun 15, 2008 01:03 AM|
|Some Macbook Questions||badtzmaru||MacBook||8||Apr 19, 2008 02:51 PM|
|A question, and some macbook problems.||coreyweb||MacBook Pro||0||Jan 2, 2008 02:58 PM|
|Some macbook questions.....||farqueue||MacBook Pro||4||Oct 14, 2006 12:31 PM|
|Some MacBook Questions...||Maleficum||Mac Pro||4||Jun 30, 2006 10:31 PM|
All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:36 AM.