Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

PhillStew

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2005
Alabama
DW Collectors in Broken Glass FinnishPly

Attachments

• Full Set Up_1.jpg
    Full Set Up_1.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 210

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
PhillStew said:
DW Collectors in Broken Glass FinnishPly
you have an awesome kit Phil *drool*

I don't have a camera so this is the only picture i can post of my actual kit right now, i'll try to borrow one and snap some photos soon. Until then i'll post my set up :)

Tama Rockstar Custom - Mahogany Fade
-13'' Snare - Evans Powercenter head
-10''-12''-14'' Toms - Remo Pinstripe Clear
-22" Bass Drum - factory heads

Cymbals - Zildjian
-A Custom 14'' Mastersound High Hats
-A Custom 17'' Crash
-A Custom 10'' Splash (got for free out of a trade... sweet deal)
-K Custom 16'' Dark Crash
-ZXT 20'' Ride
-ZXT 14'' China (free)

Hardware and Percussion
-LP Lil' Rider Cowbell
-Hat Tricks Double Jingle
-DW 7000 Series Double Bass Pedal
-Pearl cymbal stands, high hat stand, snare stand
-Tama Multi Clamp and aux. Cymbal Boom
-Pacific Throne

now the pics... the first is my actual kit during a show a few years ago, it doesn't have a few components because i don't lug my china, cowbell, splash, and those stands to my band's gigs. The second isn't actually my kit but a cool drum photo of me playing at the Trocadero in Philly on the house kit ;)

Attachments

• DSCF1594.JPG
    DSCF1594.JPG
    112.1 KB · Views: 134
  • troc may 06.jpg
    troc may 06.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 129

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
EDIT: your image was fixed Cleanup, cool kit. What make and model are those cymbals you have boomed between the toms and the hihat and left tom?

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
DJMastaWes said:
What kind of camera do you have?

I took those photos with a 3-year-old 2 megapixel Minolta DiMAGE X.

You don't need a nice camera to take good photos. :)

Spanky Deluxe

macrumors demi-god
Mar 17, 2005
London, UK
cleanup said:
I took those photos with a 3-year-old 2 megapixel Minolta DiMAGE X.

You don't need a nice camera to take good photos. :)

Damn straight, my best photos are from that very model of camera!! Nice set up too btw!

quigleybc

macrumors 68030
Hip Gig

I just got this kit a month ago, and I'm loving it.

Here's the kit, I set it up in my living room, soon to be moved to the studio space.

hipgig.jpg

Billiethecat got an urge to jam

hipgig2.jpg

Billiethecat approves and wants to move onto some more challenging rhythms.

hipgig3.jpg

After a long session, Billiethecat retires.

hipgig4.jpg

I love these drums, I have a second Piccolo snare with the snare turned off for that timbali sound....and I just bought a new Zildijian A Splash...nice..

carry on. :)

cleanup

macrumors 68030
Jun 26, 2005
Toronto
rockthecasbah said:
EDIT: your image was fixed Cleanup, cool kit. What make and model are those cymbals you have boomed between the toms and the hihat and left tom?

Make? Blast. Model? 16" and 14" :p

They're very very ****** Chinese-made don't-give-a-crap cymbals. The thing is is that I moved to Shanghai and I couldn't exactly bring my Yamaha Stage Custom with me (which is sitting in the garage of a friend's house back in Canada) but I'm only in China for 2 years so I bought this kit, which only cost me about 300 bucks Canadian, added a few extra cheapy cymbals, but I couldn't skimp on the hi-hat so I went for some 302 Paistes...

The Blast cymbals are complete ****. They're basically just pieces of iron coated with brass and they even have uneven thicknesses around the edge (especially on the 20" ride) so they end up tilting to one side and I end up hitting that side all the time. So they look like **** too.

But I don't mind. I usually practice with an iPod and ear protectors so I can't really hear the difference between good and bad cymbals.

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
I was just curious because those cymbals look pretty cool aesthetically because of the dark and lighter rings. Cool stuff.

BTW my band has a show today and my uncle who is in from florida is a great photographer... he's gonna get plenty of shots of my kit and me playing so hopefully i'll have something worth posting soon :)

Happy Independence Day to those who celebrate :) !!!!!

atszyman

macrumors 68020
Sep 16, 2003
The Dallas 'burbs
Why do I click on these threads? I know it's just going to give me the urge to start playing again.

I have a Yamaha Power V Special kit at home, in pieces in the closet. Looks a lot like this except black.

Cymbals are all Zildjan. If I remember correctly, they are 12" Rock hi-hats, a 16" and 17" super thin crashes, and a 20" medium ride. Most of my stands are stock although I have one nice double braced, tilting, boom stand and unfortunately the manufacturer escapes me at the moment.

I'd love to get the set down and play but 1) Even when I played a lot (10+ years ago) I wasn't very good, 2) We don't have any room in the house where I can set it up and have privacy.

I have a dream that someday we will have extra space that I can put some dampening up and play around while not annoying the wife/kids/neighbors but it may never happen. It really kind of sucks since I'm sitting on what used to be ~$2000 in equipment that I can't play and can't bring myself to sell. I guess I need a crappy band where someone has a room to store the equipment...

rockthecasbah

macrumors 68020
Apr 12, 2005
Moorestown, NJ
Well today i finally got pictures of my kit that aren't horrendous. They were taken this afternoon by my uncle with his Nikon digital (don't know how much it was but it certainly wasn't cheap) 6.2 megapixel camera. BTW my show set up doesn't include my cowbell, China, or splash and respective stands because i don't use them with my band.

I posted them all on Flickr because the upload kept failing. Enjoy.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
Ludwig Classic Champagne Sparkle Maple, if anyone wants specs ill post them later.

Attachments

• DSC00231.jpg
    DSC00231.jpg
    100.1 KB · Views: 106
  • DSC00277.jpg
    DSC00277.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 109
  • Set 1 061.jpg
    Set 1 061.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 97

Mike Teezie

macrumors 68020
Nov 20, 2002
joshwest said:
Ludwig Classic Champagne Sparkle Maple, if anyone wants specs ill post them later.

Beautiful. I love the DW kit too. Super, super nice stuff there guys.

PhillStew

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2005
Alabama
joshwest said:

Wow, those are nice.

Thanks for the comments guys. Specs are as follows:

7x10 Tom w/ STM
8x12 Tom w/ STM
11x14 Tom w/ Legs
13x16 Tom w/ Legs
18x20 Bass
5x14 Snare w/ ReRings
5x12 Snare w/ ReRings

Sabian AA and AAX Cymbals (can't remember what models, seeing as how they're all packed up at my parents house at home due to me being away at College)

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
joshwest said:

Specs on the kit are

Ludwig classic maple
9x13 rack
14x16 floor
16x18 floor
16x24 Virgin Kick

Snare
6.5x14 Dw Cast Bronze "Josh Freese model" (cast hoops)

stands are all dw 9700
kick pedal, snare stand , and hh stand are pearls top of the line eliminator and 2000 series

Cymbals
14" A zil new beats
19" a zil med crash
21" a zil sweet rides x2 (used as crashs)
21" a zil rock ride
18" china boy high (brilliant)

wow havnt typed all the out in a while

DeepIn2U

macrumors G5
May 30, 2002
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
What no drummers have any Roland or other digital drum setup?

I'm not talking about drum machines either. I'm talking about Roland like setups ... ala Def Leppard drummist setup.

joshwest

macrumors 65816
Apr 27, 2005
Prom1 said:

I'm not talking about drum machines either. I'm talking about Roland like setups ... ala Def Leppard drummist setup.

I use to have a TD-10 (vdrumbrain) + 4-5 pads on my kit, but i sold em off and went back to strict setup

PhillStew

macrumors regular
Sep 23, 2005
Alabama
Prom1 said:

Haha, I've got a Roland TD-12VS Kit here in my college apartment. Not as fun as the DW's, but they get the job done.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.