Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers

Old Mar 2, 2003, 08:49 PM   #1
jaxle
macrumors newbie

ibook combo drive cd burner problems

I've had my iBook for a little over 2 months and im already encountering cd burner problems. Blank discs dont show up on the desktop. In toast i can burn cd images but they always turn out corrupted. Does my warranty cover this? I dont want to have to ship out my ibook either, can i bring it to a compusa or something to be serviced?
jaxle is offline   0
Old Mar 2, 2003, 09:37 PM   #2
celaurie
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to celaurie
I hate to hear about iBooks that choose to act up. I've only ever had one problem with my Combo drive and that turned out to be a software issue.

As your machine is only a couple of months old, it should still be under its' Apple Warranty. I would therefore advise you to get on the phone to them and see what they say. The numbers should be somewhere amongst the bumf that came with the machine.

There's no point in me trying to advise you when it could be any number of things. And if the problem is major you'd be as well getting the big boys in to sort it!

Bear in mind though, if you are trying to copy comercial disks (games, applications, etc.) these are becoming increasingly copywrited. Not that I'm suggesting you would ever break the law.
Old Mar 3, 2003, 10:23 PM   #3
yzedf
Banned

Send a message via AIM to yzedf
have you tried burning something in one of the iApps? make sure it is a hardware problem, and not a toast problem. do you have the latest version of toast? OS X 10.2.4 ?
yzedf is offline   0
Old Mar 4, 2003, 02:30 AM   #4
celaurie
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to celaurie
Question

One thing I should have mentioned was that my drive problem was caused by not using the OS X Combo Updates... Exactly why, I don't know. Oh, and I'm not delerious, that came from an Apple Tech.

Every time an OS release comes out it seems to be the better option to get all of the minor updates in the one big installer (ie. 10.2.1, 10.2.2, 10.2.3 are all included as part of 10.2.4 ).

I hope that made some sense!

Chris

MacRumors Forums > Archive > Archives of Old Posts > Macintosh Computers