Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old Jun 30, 2006, 04:34 PM   #1
grpaul349
macrumors member
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Wait or buy a nano?

Apple has that special going - buy a mac and get a free nano. I'm looking for opinions on if I should take the offer or wait on an upgraded macbook and nano. I don't need either one tomorrow - but it does sound like a good deal.

If you buy before mid-July you get $100 back on a printer too.

Thanks for your thoughts.
grpaul349 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jun 30, 2006, 06:26 PM   #2
strikeinsilence
macrumors 6502
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
If you think that you'd be happy with the macbook, and if the nano's capacity sounds right for you then go for it, its a good deal. If you dont need it now and think that the nanos capacity is too small then wait.
strikeinsilence is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 03:19 AM   #3
ich1ban
macrumors regular
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
I went ahead and just got a 30gb iPod with the deal which will come out to be 90$ for it. Yeah $100 printer deal got me a free printer too!
__________________
ich1ban is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 03:57 AM   #4
sushi
Moderator emeritus
 
sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: キャンプスワンピー [Japan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ich1ban
I went ahead and just got a 30gb iPod with the deal which will come out to be 90$ for it. Yeah $100 printer deal got me a free printer too!
Sounds good! Enjoy!
sushi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 04:00 AM   #5
aswitcher
macrumors 603
 
aswitcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sydney OZ
Send a message via AIM to aswitcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by grpaul349
Apple has that special going - buy a mac and get a free nano. I'm looking for opinions on if I should take the offer or wait on an upgraded macbook and nano. I don't need either one tomorrow - but it does sound like a good deal.

If you buy before mid-July you get $100 back on a printer too.

Thanks for your thoughts.
Deals in my view preceed line revamps.So if it works for you get it, but if you need more capacity or are hanging for new features wait.
__________________
Switcher since June '04
iPhone 4GS | 27" iMac | Elgato EyeTV/IceTV | SecuritySpy User
aswitcher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 08:40 AM   #6
sushi
Moderator emeritus
 
sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: キャンプスワンピー [Japan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswitcher
Deals in my view preceed line revamps.So if it works for you get it, but if you need more capacity or are hanging for new features wait.
He already made his purchase.

You might want to read the thread before replying.
sushi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 02:09 PM   #7
aswitcher
macrumors 603
 
aswitcher's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: Sydney OZ
Send a message via AIM to aswitcher
Quote:
Originally Posted by sushi
He already made his purchase.

You might want to read the thread before replying.
? That wasn't the original poster, that was ich1ban not grpaul349
__________________
Switcher since June '04
iPhone 4GS | 27" iMac | Elgato EyeTV/IceTV | SecuritySpy User
aswitcher is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 1, 2006, 07:57 PM   #8
sushi
Moderator emeritus
 
sushi's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2002
Location: キャンプスワンピー [Japan]
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswitcher
? That wasn't the original poster, that was ich1ban not grpaul349
Oops. My bad. Thanks for pointing that out.

...as I go to remove the egg from my face!
sushi is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 01:46 AM   #9
Demon Hunter
macrumors 68020
 
Join Date: Mar 2004
Quote:
Originally Posted by grpaul349
If you buy before mid-July you get $100 back on a printer too.
The printer deal never ends. I'm serious.
Demon Hunter is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 2, 2006, 02:26 AM   #10
devman
macrumors 65816
 
devman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2004
Location: AU
Quote:
Originally Posted by aswitcher
Deals in my view preceed line revamps.So if it works for you get it, but if you need more capacity or are hanging for new features wait.
That's often true. You can also take advantage of the deal though and then turn around and sell the thing on eBay and put the money you make towards the new one when it does come out.
devman is offline   0 Reply With Quote

Reply
MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Similar Threads
thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Should I buy now or wait? eliteeli MacBook Air 7 Feb 20, 2014 02:22 PM
Buy now or wait it out? Kylekest MacBook Air 15 Jan 30, 2014 06:58 PM
Buy or wait? Cyborg21 iMac 11 Sep 6, 2013 11:34 AM
Buy now or wait? Liquinn MacBook Pro 7 Feb 20, 2013 02:58 PM
Buy or wait? JoEw MacBook Air 16 Dec 12, 2012 11:03 PM

Forum Jump

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 10:34 AM.

Mac Rumors | Mac | iPhone | iPhone Game Reviews | iPhone Apps

Mobile Version | Fixed | Fluid | Fluid HD
Copyright 2002-2013, MacRumors.com, LLC