Go Back   MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod

Old Jul 3, 2006, 02:06 AM   #1
zephead
macrumors 68000

iPod wall adapter question

What's the purpose of the wall plug (not USB) detaching from the unit? Is there anything else that can be plugged into it, or is there anything the small detachable piece can be plugged into?
Old Jul 3, 2006, 02:15 AM   #2
Chundles
macrumors G4

Quote:
Originally Posted by zephead
What's the purpose of the wall plug (not USB) detaching from the unit? Is there anything else that can be plugged into it, or is there anything the small detachable piece can be plugged into?
It's so you can plug in a different plug. Apple sell a set of international plugs that fit the iPod and laptop wall adapters.
Old May 28, 2010, 03:04 PM   #3
Flatfoot75
macrumors newbie

Cn someone send a link where I can purchase another U.S. detachable plug without buying the whole power adapter? I broke a prong on the plug and not really crazy about spending another $80 for a whole adapter when just the detachable plug is broke. BTW, I broke the detachable plug on my Macbook Pro and am currently using my IPOD detachable plug on my magsafe adapter currently.
Flatfoot75 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > iPhone, iPod and iPad > iPod