Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 4, 2006, 10:18 PM   #1
mojoxp
macrumors member

Semi-Random power down of MBP

I've got a MacBook Pro system here that hasn't really given me any issues (aside from being a little hot, but that's to be expected) until the last week or so.

Suddenly the MBP has started to suddenly power off when on battery power: OSX battery monitor still shows about an hour left of life (all 4 times its happened), and the battery is securely in place with no bulge. Each time it's been after about two hours of usage with screen at 50%, usually I would get around 3 hours in this configuration. It's not an over heating issue as the notebook gets much hotter when its on my desk, and I doubt its an issue with calibration as I just did that about 3 weeks ago.

Should I assume that its just a defective battery, and will Apple support just RMA me a new battery? Or is this one of those things that I'll have to send in the whole kit and kaboodle....
mojoxp is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 03:29 AM   #2
mad jew
Moderator emeritus

Yeah, a few people have had this problem. Talk to Apple about it and they should replace it relatively hassle-free.

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs