Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion

Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:19 PM   #1
wkrm
macrumors newbie

Apple Training Series certification exams

I am in high school and just completed the Apple Computer certification book "Mac OS X Support Essientials." I want to take the exam to get my certification but I am curious just how hard the tests are. I understand everything and can answer the review questions at the end of the chapters with ease. Has anyone taken a Apple certification exam that could give me an idea of what the questions are about or how hard they are?
wkrm is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:21 PM   #2
yellow

I thought that test was pretty easy.. especially considering I never studied, never took the course, never read the book, and I passed it with a 90%.

Ultimately, if you've studied and you've used OS X in practical situations, you shouldn't have any problems passing that exam.
Server Essentials might be a little more challenging.
yellow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:42 PM   #3
cbetta
macrumors regular

how do you apply for that test?
cbetta is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 04:45 PM   #4
yellow

http://securereg3.prometric.com/ $150 bones.
yellow is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 01:56 AM   #5
Lollypop
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Lollypop Send a message via MSN to Lollypop Send a message via Yahoo to Lollypop Send a message via Skype™ to Lollypop
how is the job market for certified apple ... anythings? Ive been dying to get certified, and to move to apple only support, but I will need to get payed ok enough to feed myself and my cat... and being "did you see the latest features of the vista build" and "snt the newest beta so cool" free wont pay the bills even if it does help me keep sane.
Old Jul 11, 2006, 01:59 AM   #6
EricNau

How often do you have to re-take the test?
EricNau is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 11, 2006, 03:09 AM   #7
Lollypop
macrumors 6502a

Send a message via AIM to Lollypop Send a message via MSN to Lollypop Send a message via Yahoo to Lollypop Send a message via Skype™ to Lollypop
I would asume every time a new version of the software your trained on for comes out.

MacRumors Forums > Mac Community > Community Discussion > Apple, Industry and Internet Discussion