Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

wkrm

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Jul 5, 2006
I am in high school and just completed the Apple Computer certification book "Mac OS X Support Essientials." I want to take the exam to get my certification but I am curious just how hard the tests are. I understand everything and can answer the review questions at the end of the chapters with ease. Has anyone taken a Apple certification exam that could give me an idea of what the questions are about or how hard they are?

yellow

Moderator emeritus
Oct 21, 2003
Portland, OR
I thought that test was pretty easy.. especially considering I never studied, never took the course, never read the book, and I passed it with a 90%.

Ultimately, if you've studied and you've used OS X in practical situations, you shouldn't have any problems passing that exam.
Server Essentials might be a little more challenging.

Lollypop

macrumors 6502a
Sep 13, 2004
Johannesburg, South Africa
how is the job market for certified apple ... anythings? Ive been dying to get certified, and to move to apple only support, but I will need to get payed ok enough to feed myself and my cat... and being "did you see the latest features of the vista build" and "snt the newest beta so cool" free wont pay the bills even if it does help me keep sane.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.