Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 5, 2006, 05:47 PM   #1
kidane
macrumors newbie

17" g4 powerbook start-up issues..HELP!!

someone please help!!

i had startup issues with mu powerbook not too long ago, where i couldnt turn macine on and it would stall on the grey screen w/apple and pinwheel dashes.
i had the machine wiped clean and re-programmed. everything was fine....UNTIL...

this asfternoon i went to check an email. it took forever to open up. so i walked away. when i came back there was writting all over the screen like when you do single user mode.

so i restarted and did single starter mode, and got a all systems ok, now my screen is stalled on the grey apple screen with revolving dashes.

any suggestions?!
thanx!!
kidane
kidane is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 5, 2006, 10:26 PM   #2
imacintel

Sorry, but...

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidane
someone please help!!

i had startup issues with mu powerbook not too long ago, where i couldnt turn macine on and it would stall on the grey screen w/apple and pinwheel dashes.
i had the machine wiped clean and re-programmed. everything was fine....UNTIL...

this asfternoon i went to check an email. it took forever to open up. so i walked away. when i came back there was writting all over the screen like when you do single user mode.

so i restarted and did single starter mode, and got a all systems ok, now my screen is stalled on the grey apple screen with revolving dashes.

any suggestions?!
thanx!!
kidane
Sounds like a dead HD.
imacintel is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs