Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

WannabeSQ

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Oct 24, 2002
I started a job recently, and can now actually plan on buying a new setup, rather than just dream about it :). My dillema is that I need a powermac, and want a powerbook and a large display, i can't afford it all. My plan is to get a dual 1.25ghz mac with a superdrive. Then, ill save up another 2 grand, and either drop it on a 23" display (or maybe a 20" and a 17" for the same price) OR get a 12" powerbook with a superdrive. I already have a compaq laptop that works, but is far from elegant. I could live without the powerbook or the cinema display. I think the display is a better value overall, as monitors last longer than computers (I write this now on an old dual CRT setup from 3-4 systems ago) but that powerbook is so tempting......

What would you do?

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
you could get the 12" powerbook now, then save up a couple thousand dollars and sell the PB, buy a 17". Or 15" if it's updated to aluminium by then...

it's what i'd do :)

pnw

timbloom

macrumors 6502a
Jan 19, 2002
I, personally would suggest the tower right now. You already have a laptop for the portability, that can sustain you, those monitors you have will last till you save up the money. The tower will give you more for your money at your current situation.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.