Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help

Old Jul 10, 2006, 01:26 AM   #1
Enseep
macrumors newbie

AIM file transfer problem?

Hi everyone, I hope I can get some help with an annoying problem:

When using the file transfer feature in AIM, I have no problem sending files and folders, but I have trouble receiving certain ones. For example, recently I used AIM to move a folder of mp3s from my Windows pc to my iMac G5. I had no problem receiving that folder. Tonight, I tried to send a single mp3, and the transfer seemed to get stuck. That is, the transfer progress window showed up, but nothing else (no progress, no estimated time, etc) changed. I usually have no problem with smaller files, only larger files like movies, but I can't imagine why the mp3 wouldn't work tonight. I've tried using both the "send a file or folder" option and the "send a direct instant message" option. I've made sure that I'm allowing file transfers in the AIM preferences, but could it be that I have some other setting that's preventing me from recieving files through AIM? This has been an ongoing problem, and I've done so many different help searches, but I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem. If anyone could offer me any advice, I'd appreciate it!

Last edited by Enseep; Jul 10, 2006 at 01:34 AM.
Enseep is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 10, 2006, 07:07 AM   #2
joeops57
macrumors member

Send a message via AIM to joeops57
From personal experiecne, AIM is a bit buggy. I've had the same problem as you and as far as I can tell, there's not much you can do. There's probably someone on here who knows much more on this subject than I do and can offer more insight, but it's just a luck of the draw as to whether a file transfer will work using AIM.
Old Jul 10, 2006, 10:06 AM   #3
Enseep
macrumors newbie

thanks

Thanks for the response, maybe it is just AIM being unreliable.
Enseep is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Systems and Services > Mac Basics and Help