Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Which email client do you prefer?

• Mozilla Thunderbird

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Apples .Mail

Votes: 22 75.9%
  • neither

Votes: 4 13.8%

• Total voters

drumpat01

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jul 31, 2004
Denton, TX
Ok i loooked around and although there have been many threads on email clients I'm a numbers kind of guy so I thought I'd make a poll for it. Feel free to leave comments :)

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
digger1914 said:
I used Thunderbird on my PC, but since I moved to the world of Mac I find Mail does all i want in a mail app.

Bingo!

Thunderbird FAR excells Outlook/Outlook Express in the PeeCee world, but once I switched to mail, I haven't even tried Thunderbird.

bigandy

macrumors G3
Apr 30, 2004
Murka
i used to find thunderbird really useful, with this little doodad:

http://johnhaller.com/jh/mozilla/

it makes thunderbird crossplatform from the plugging in of your usb stick and carries all your mail with it.

of course, now i have a dedicated server, with IMAP, and there's no need, because it's constantly synced with my mac on Mail.app, Tunderbird at work, and my Windows Mobile 5.0 PDA phone.

:D

BiikeMike

macrumors 65816
Sep 17, 2005
bigandy said:
of course, now i have a dedicated server, with IMAP, and there's no need, because it's constantly synced with my mac on Mail.app, Tunderbird at work, and my Windows Mobile 5.0 PDA phone.

:D

Nerd! ;)

balamw

Moderator emeritus
Aug 16, 2005
New England
I find myself using webmail (gmail) more often than not these days...

I like Mail.app, but it doesn't handle occasional IMAP syncs with my work mailbox very well, TBird does that better...

B

Mitthrawnuruodo

Moderator emeritus
Mar 10, 2004
Bergen, Norway
What is .Mail?

I use Mail.app. Haven't yet found a reason to try anything else since I migrated from Eudora once Mail got rid of most of the bug. Some time during 10.2, I think it was...

On PCs there really isn't any competition for Thunderbird, the way I see it, but since I'm on my MacBook 99% of the time I rarely get to use it... ;)

mduser63

macrumors 68040
Nov 9, 2004
Salt Lake City, UT
I've seen the occasional complaint about Mail, but I love it. It handles my 8 main email accounts (mix of POP3 and IMAP) flawlessly, and doesn't slow down with the thousands of messages that I have.

I haven't used a PC as my main machine since before Thunderbird came out, so I can't say I have a really strong opinion either way on it. I set my mom up with it on her PC and she has no complaints, but then again she's not exactly a demanding user.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.