Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nl2134

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
Has anyone noticed that after using your iPod for awhile, the album art goes nuts? I'd be listening to, say a Kayne West album for a few months and the correct album art would show up. Then thereafter, the album art would be changed for the specific disc, like I'd be still listening to Kanye but I'd get the album art for The Thrills.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks.

netdog

macrumors 603
Feb 6, 2006
London
Does it also happen in iTunes? If not, have you tried formatting your iPod and replacing the library?

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
Ipod art

This has been covered before but what you have to do is plug in your ipod and in options deselect show art let it update then select it back and it will reapply the correct album art to the correct songs. It is just a glitch with the updates I guess.

nl2134

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 15, 2006
ehh, not worth the trouble of updating 6000+ songs.

thank you for your help anyways.

havokalien

macrumors 6502a
Apr 27, 2006
Kelso, Wa
Ipod art

It only takes minutes, It just realigns the art. It is already is embedded in the song but the way itunes shows it is from a folder. Your basically closing the door on the file and then opening it back up. I have 3 ipod nanos a 60gb 4th gen and a 512 shuffle. It happens every so often and is fixed quickly by what I have told you.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.