Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs

Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:37 PM   #1
beez7777
macrumors 6502a

Logitech Z-2300 or Klipsch ProMedia 2.1 for iBook

Looking to get some speakers for my iBook, which of these should i go with? I'm a college student, gonna be using these for music. while i've heard good things about both, some reviews of the logitechs say that they suffer in the midrange. if anyone has either of these speakers and can help me decide it'd be great.

I know there have been countless speaker threads, please don't reply to tell me this.
beez7777 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:53 PM   #2
tobefirst
macrumors 68040

I can't tell you much about the Logitechs, but after searching threads, reading reviews, and considering price, I went with the Klipsch. I have had them for 15 months now, and I love them. Excellent range, and a powerful sound. Great speakers.
tobefirst is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 14, 2006, 07:59 PM   #3
IJ Reilly
macrumors P6

I have the Z-2300s, which I purchased over the Klipsch based on the reviews. As they still sold? I thought they'd been replaced by a newer model. I think they sound pretty good, for small speakers, and are capable of a remarkable amount of volume. The subwoofer is quite large and heavy. You probably can't go far wrong with either one.
Old Jul 14, 2006, 08:01 PM   #4
Scottyk9
macrumors 6502a

I have the Klipsch (at home), and the logitech 2200 at work. WHile I understand the 2300 improved on some of the shortcomings of the 2200, for a clean, crisp, robust sound, I cannot recommend the klispch enough - I am very happy them.
Scottyk9 is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > PowerPC Macs