Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
Hey everyone. My school has a specific application that it requires all it's students to use. However the icon that the designated for the app is hideous. I would like to create a new icon using the school's logo. How can I do this? Can someone maybe help me. http://www.cornell.edu is the website and the icon is in the top left cornell (just the circular insignia not the words). Maybe someone could turn it into an icon for me really quickly or tell me how to do so? Thanks.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
attachment.php

save that & download pic2icon & put the *.png through that. make sure you read the readme if you don't understand...it is hard for me to explain.

Attachments

• Untitled-1.png
    Untitled-1.png
    9.7 KB · Views: 212

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
hmm. it takes like 10 seconds. thanks though :D

i personally don't like it 'cause it looks to glossy but whatever.

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
You have to read the read me. gosh!
Open pic2icon, and then put the picture through there. After it is done, go to that same icon & highlight it, press COMMAND+I or (Get Info from the File menu). You will se in the upper left hand corner that same picture just..smaller. Click it once, and then press COMMAND+C and do that same process with the icon you are wanting to replace it with, except press COMMAND+V

jason2811

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
May 8, 2006
markkk! said:
You have to read the read me. gosh!
Open pic2icon, and then put the picture through there. After it is done, go to that same icon & highlight it, press COMMAND+I or (Get Info from the File menu). You will se in the upper left hand corner that same picture just..smaller. Click it once, and then press COMMAND+C and do that same process with the icon you are wanting to replace it with, except press COMMAND+V

I read the Read Me and I did everything you said. However, after I convert the pics using Pic2Icon and go into "Get Info " the little icon in the upper left hand corner is competely blank. So that is my problem.

ITASOR

macrumors 601
Mar 20, 2005
I think you guys are talking about 2 different things. Markkk, he means the favicon I think, and you are talking about like desktop icon icon's.

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
ITASOR said:
I think you guys are talking about 2 different things. Markkk, he means the favicon I think, and you are talking about like desktop icon icon's.

he said app

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.