Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
I just thought it would be a good thread for all of those songs that you like but are ashamed to and also for the gayest disco/dance songs ever??
My nominations are:

Cheesy Music
Aqua - Barbie Girl

Gay Disco -
Hi Tack - Say Say Say

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
Ashamed? No way. Gay disco is the purest enjoyment music. No party is complete without it. Pretty much anything from the 80s or Kylie related will do :)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
Okay, this one is realllllly bad, but.... :eek:

On Beavis and Butthead of all shows, there was an episode where they're watching this disco-ish video, with several men in this sort of posh hotel or mansion or something -- lots of velvet and deep mahogany and so on. And of course getting into an argument as to whether "that hot chick" is "really a dude."

Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I really liked that song. :eek: ;) :D

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
mkrishnan said:
Anyone have any idea what I'm talking about? I really liked that song. :eek: ;) :D
Sorry, but if anyone knows that song at the end of that episode in the second series of Hex where Ella is crying as it fades to credits as the black guy (Leon?) looks on, let me know.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
dynamicv said:
Ashamed? No way. Gay disco is the purest enjoyment music. No party is complete without it. Pretty much anything from the 80s or Kylie related will do :)
Yeah. Thewre is then infernal - from paris to brlin
armand van helden - my my my
sunblock feat robin beck - first time
and so on. All are/were hits in the UK

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I'm not ashamed of my cheesy/gay disco music. I play it loud and I play it proud.

If you can't enjoy the Scissor Sisters, ABBA, and Queen, there's something wrong with you. :p

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
katie ta achoo said:
If you can't enjoy the Scissor Sisters, ABBA, and Queen, there's something wrong with you. :p

This reminds me...Erasure has an ABBA tribute album... Abba-esque. It only has four songs on it, one of which I already have. But there's a great Lay All Your Love on Me, which isn't on iTunes. LOL, the CD is available for $3.00 shipped from Amazon Used Marketplace. Why not, right? :D

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
mkrishnan said:
This reminds me...Erasure has an ABBA tribute album... Abba-esque. It only has four songs on it, one of which I already have. But there's a great Lay All Your Love on Me, which isn't on iTunes. LOL, the CD is available for $3.00 shipped from Amazon Used Marketplace. Why not, right? :D

**warning: huge Erasure fan here**

Meh...Abba-esque isn't all that good; most of Erasure's other stuff is much better. ('Tis a shame that their biggest hit was an EP of ABBA covers...that irks them a little bit.)

mkrishnan

Moderator emeritus
Jan 9, 2004
Grand Rapids, MI, USA
WildCowboy said:
('Tis a shame that their biggest hit was an EP of ABBA covers...that irks them a little bit.)

I had no idea it was their biggest hit... I always thought it was probably Chorus. :eek: Anyway, though, I really just want that one song from it. ;) I think my favorite Erasure song is probably Oh L'Amour... :eek:

WildCowboy

Administrator/Editor
Staff member
Jan 20, 2005
mkrishnan said:
I had no idea it was their biggest hit... I always thought it was probably Chorus. :eek: Anyway, though, I really just want that one song from it. ;) I think my favorite Erasure song is probably Oh L'Amour... :eek:

Well, they have had five #1 albums in the UK, but EPs count on the singles chart there, so Abba-esque has been their only #1 single in the UK. (Sometimes reached #2 and twelve other singles reached the top ten.)

Chip NoVaMac

macrumors G3
Dec 25, 2003
Northern Virginia
katie ta achoo said:
I'm not ashamed of my cheesy/gay disco music. I play it loud and I play it proud.

Oh yeah. ABBA and Queen totally rock IMO. No voice quite like Freddy Mercury's.

ahuman7341

macrumors regular
Apr 18, 2005
Fairbanks, AK
ABBA and Queen have got to be the most beautiful sounds in the universe.

As for ABBA covers A*Teens is my favuorite, but i haven't heard Erasure before.

gekko513

macrumors 603
Oct 16, 2003
For cheesy music I recommend an iTMS search for "mon amour" and listen to some of the results. There's lots of high class cheesy stuff there. :D

RedOrDead

macrumors newbie
Jul 18, 2006
The best one for me has gotta be Nicki French 'Total Eclipse Of The Heart' pure camp pop heaven:) Im so pleased this track has been released again and it has some wicked remixes especially the ALX and Starlet DJs remixes;)

You can hear 4 of the clips of the track from here http://www.indiestore.com/energise

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.