Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
it's Sunday, nearly time to head to bed and I've got that anxious, back to work tomorrow feeling.

Anyone else ever get that? I've always had it. Right from being a kid at school to the present day. I hate it.

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
AlBDamned said:
it's Sunday, nearly time to head to bed and I've got that anxious, back to work tomorrow feeling.

Anyone else ever get that? I've always had it. Right from being a kid at school to the present day. I hate it.

I used to - and that is when I decided to quit those jobs.

I work for myself now and have that feeling at the end of every night - "You mean I just worked 12 hours and I have to do it again tomorrow?"

I work just about every day, so yes, I feel your pain. :)

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
The only blues I have right now is that I have five shirts behind me that need ironing :(

PlaceofDis

macrumors Core
Jan 6, 2004
mondays are never bad for me. its the thursdays and fridays that do. you mean i still don't have a day off and i've already worked 40+ hours so far this week? :eek:

Applespider

macrumors G4
I don't during the NFL season since I'm out having fun at this point.

And I didn't last week since I was here

attachment.php

and here

attachment.php

But tonight, yes slightly although both my bosses are away this week so shouldn't be too crazy.

katie ta achoo

Blogger emeritus
May 2, 2005
I'm kinda anxious to go back to Uni tomorrow morning... I really want to go, but I have MUCH reading to do before I go back and I don't feel like it.

I LOVE my classes but... I'm not in the mood for reading right now.

I guess I have to get into the mood, yes? :p

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
iGary said:

I work for myself now and have that feeling at the end of every night - "You mean I just worked 12 hours and I have to do it again tomorrow?"

I work just about every day, so yes, I feel your pain. :)

It must be a whole new level of pressure working for yourself. I'd love to do it at some stage but not yet.

dynamicv said:
The only blues I have right now is that I have five shirts behind me that need ironing

yeah that's a common one for me too. It's worse this weekend though as I've just run to the washing machine to put some shirts on to wash, let alone iron them. Gotta stay up now so I can pull one out to dry when the wash is done - Doh!

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
It must be a whole new level of pressure working for yourself.

Instead of the pressure of your asshat boss and coworkers, its the pressure of wondering wher ethe next $5 will come from.

I haven't decided which pressure is worse yet - coworkers or the next paycheck. I think I'd like not to work. :D

macgeek2005

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2006
*opens mouth as if to speak, and then rememberes that most people would rather be right and suffer, than learn something new and have a wonderful life. Walks away*

Queso

Suspended
Mar 4, 2006
macgeek2005 said:
*opens mouth as if to speak, and then rememberes that most people would rather be right and suffer, than learn something new and have a wonderful life. Walks away*
Okay, but if it's not a self-ironing shirt, I don't want to hear it.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
iGary said:
Instead of the pressure of your asshat boss and coworkers, its the pressure of wondering wher ethe next $5 will come from.

I haven't decided which pressure is worse yet - coworkers or the next paycheck. I think I'd like not to work. :D

Yeah not working or at least just doing something that doesn't feel like work. I enjoy some of what I do but mostly I don't really like it.

I guess that's where a lot of this apprehension comes from. :rolleyes:

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
dynamicv said:
Okay, but if it's not a self-ironing shirt, I don't want to hear it.

Now that would be an invention up there with the best.

macgeek2005 said:

What does that mean??

iGary

May 26, 2004
Randy's House
macgeek2005 said:

Put your money whereyour mouth is. Move out today, support yourself and tell us about your great life.

miniConvert

macrumors 68040
iGary said:
I'm with you, though I do dread Monday morning's phonecalls and deliveries, not to mention the bin collection that always wakes me up at some ungodly hour.

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Applespider said:
I don't during the NFL season since I'm out having fun at this point.

And I didn't last week since I was here

attachment.php

and here

attachment.php

That would have been a very cool place to be last weekend.

Applespider said:
But tonight, yes slightly although both my bosses are away this week so shouldn't be too crazy.

Our directors were away on holiday recently and it's amazing how different the office feels. They definitely keep everyone focused when they're there(in a good way).

AlBDamned

macrumors 68030
Original poster
Mar 14, 2005
Applespider said:
How about one of these? Put your damp shirt on it, push a button and, as if by magic, you have a dry pressed shirt... you just need a spare grand unfortunately!

230219902.jpg

That's what Ray Winstone would get if he went to Harrods (I'm sure he can afford one but that's what their advert says). Clever stuff. How well do you reckon they actually work?

edit: Or have you managed to try one seeing as it's at JL?!

thedude110

macrumors 68020
Jun 13, 2005
Well, as a teacher, I don't have work tomorrow (yes, that's me rubbing it in). Well, I have to go to a "meeting" which consists of free coffee and some blowhard who will tell all of us what horrid teachers we are, but yeah. Life is ok.

But during the school year, absolutely I get the Sunday night blues. They start around noon on Sunday when I take out the stack of papers that need grading and they chase me all the way 'till Sunday night when I'm putting the final touches on the week's lesson plans ...

celebrian23

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
Under the sun
I did (and will in the fall) but for right now it's my summer and I'm not in school and all I do is babysit, hardly a reason to hate mondays.

eva01

macrumors 601
Feb 22, 2005
Gah! Plymouth
Nope i am happy to go back to work, because i barely work as it is right now and am running low on funds :/

yay for working 6am-9am tomorrow wooo

4God

macrumors 68020
Apr 5, 2005
My Mac
iGary said:

I work for myself now ...<snip>.....

Ditto. My wife and I had 6 jobs between us about 5 years ago. We were dead tired by Sunday night (the only night we had together) and not looking forward to Monday. We were growing apart, needless to say. We've since then started our own business and slowly but surely, year by year, left those jobs one at a time and now have none to go to. Thank God we have our time and marriage back and thank God for free enterprise.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.