Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Hi guys, i was wondering if there was a volume limiter that i could install on my 4G ipod so that it does noot go above 50decibels or something. All of my songs have different volumes and it can be deafening if i listen to a loud one after a quiet one. Thanks for the support,
Richard

Scarlet Fever

macrumors 68040
Jul 22, 2005
Bookshop!
There is no volume limiter, but you can put on Sound Check in both iTunes and on your iPod. This will average out the volume of songs to make it more consitant. It does go through a bit of power in you pod, though.

®îçhå®?

macrumors 68000
Original poster
Mar 7, 2006
Scarlet Fever said:
There is no volume limiter, but you can put on Sound Check in both iTunes and on your iPod. This will average out the volume of songs to make it more consitant. It does go through a bit of power in you pod, though.
I've tried that but it does not work in the slightest, it just makes it A LITTLE better but not really noticeable.

steamboat26

macrumors 65816
May 25, 2006
Arlington VA
I don't know if it is available on 4G ipods, but when i last updated my nano, i got a new option to limit how high the volume can go. I can't remember what it was called though, download the latest software update and see if you get something about a volume limiter on your ipod.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.