Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro

Old Jul 18, 2006, 07:38 PM   #1
mrmase
macrumors newbie

MacBook Pro Compatibility

I hold my hands up and admit that I'm pretty new to the world of apple but I've just bought a MacBook Pro and have been quite surprised that a lot of programmes and downloads seem (to my uneducated senses) not to be directly compatible with the new intel processor. I know some programmes can be run through secondary applications that can slow them down a little but is there any news on when the manufacturers will be releasing compatible software... such as Office, Photoshop, some media players - I even downloaded a radio tuning widget but all the station files associated with it don't seem to be readable.
I may be missing something obvious but if anyone has any insight news I'd be keen to hear.
Cheers!
mrmase is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Hardware > Desktops > Mac Pro