Register FAQ / Rules Forum Spy Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read
Go Back   MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store

Old Jul 19, 2006, 08:06 PM   #1
tony p
macrumors newbie

A2DP streaming for Mac Bluetooth?

I'm interested in getting some external bluetooth speakers - BlueAnt BlueSonic - but they utilise a protocol called A2DP Profile for streaming stereo audio. Apparently the Mac Bluetooth software does not support this. Anyone know whether Apple have any plans to introduce this? Thanks. (Email replies welcome to: f3 p2 yg @ NOSPAMpacific . net . au - please remove capitals and spaces.)
tony p is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Apr 26, 2007, 04:32 PM   #2
wasabinuki
macrumors newbie

I purchased this Bluetooth Audio Transmitter and I could not be happier:

I can now listen to my iTunes library on my A2DP headset while I work out. The transmitter can also be used on any other 3.5mm line out jack (even though I haven't yet). The only drawback is that it doesn't allow for AVCRP control.
wasabinuki is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Sep 28, 2007, 07:02 PM   #3
a2dpuser
macrumors newbie

If you would like to have a2dp working on mac os x tiger, have a look at an easy solution here:

A2DP aka Stereo Bluetooth on Mac OS X: finally an easy and quality solution
a2dpuser is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old May 29, 2008, 07:09 PM   #4
HTown731
macrumors newbie

Help!!

So i recently purchased the yba-10 bluetooth for my yahama reciever. i also recently upgraded to leopard. at this point i should b able to stream my audio. barely... sounds great until it starts to skip like a cd attacked with rocks. i cant be sure if its the mac or the yba, all i know is if i move the yba at all it does it more, but its just as bad when i go into the macs bluetooth prefereces, even surfing the web. any ideas/suggestions? i havnt herd anyone talking about pairing the two of these things...
HTown731 is offline   0 Reply With Quote
Old Jul 26, 2008, 06:07 PM   #5
cobraguymsn
macrumors newbie

Same problem

I purchased a Jensen WBT 310 to stream audio to my home stereo. Excellent product but sound skips terribly, virtually unusable. I know it is my MBP because I tried streaming with my Vista tablet and LG Voyager phone and they worked flawlessly (about the only thing my Vista tablet does well) Only the Mac seems to have an issue.

Quote:
Originally Posted by HTown731 View Post
So i recently purchased the yba-10 bluetooth for my yahama reciever. i also recently upgraded to leopard. at this point i should b able to stream my audio. barely... sounds great until it starts to skip like a cd attacked with rocks. i cant be sure if its the mac or the yba, all i know is if i move the yba at all it does it more, but its just as bad when i go into the macs bluetooth prefereces, even surfing the web. any ideas/suggestions? i havnt herd anyone talking about pairing the two of these things...
cobraguymsn is offline   0 Reply With Quote

MacRumors Forums > Apple Applications > Mac Applications and Mac App Store