Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

JBot

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Jan 9, 2006
Calgary.Alberta.Canada
Whos got it? I just updated my nano with it, and i think its awesome. Still has a few problems with the new loader2, but still, i find it gives freedom finally over my once was locked up apple run pod.

NicP

macrumors 6502
Jun 14, 2005
Have you tried rockbox? it looks much better than ipod linux (depending on what you want to accomplish with your ipod of course

iBookG4user

macrumors 604
Jun 27, 2006
Seattle, WA
I tried iPod linux, but it didn't have any games on it that I would play often enough to keep it. And it doesn't use the backlight on my iPod Video so it's hard to play the games sometimes.

Kaioshin

macrumors member
Jul 17, 2006
Šoštanj, Slovenia
I tried it quite a while ago, but I reverted back to the default OS/firmware/whatever soon after that.
It didn't offer me anything I needed. All my music is in MP3 format and plays just fine on my iPod.
I did it just so I could tease a friend of mine who couldn't install linux on one of his Pocket PCs anyway.

Spaceman Spiff

macrumors regular
Oct 9, 2003
I've used iPod Linux. In fact, I've got Podzilla, floydzilla, and the entire Wikipedia on my iPod right now. The Wikipedia is dead useful to have around.

I enjoy having gameboy games and Doom and a variety of other smaller games on my iPod, as well as the little tools on it. They keep me amused, and give me something to show off.

Jopling

macrumors 6502
Jul 14, 2004
Xcat said:
There's no images or anything. Purely text. Comes out to a bit over a gigabyte.
Where can I get it and is there an app that updates it or do I need to redownload the whole wikipedia every time I want the latest version?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.